sold please remove

HockyHocky Posts: 30MI6 Agent
N/a

Comments

• BOFFERBOFFER Posts: 331MI6 Agent
    I think the authenticity card that comes with the gun also denotes it as a limited edition or signature edition but I would have to check unless someone else knows. If that is the case then it would need a dual signature plaque and the correct authenticity card for it to be a signature edition along with the boxes of course. Not sure about the 5 bullets only being with the signature edition as I seem to remember they were just an optional extra that could still be purchased afterwards if required. Could be wrong though. In any event it looks like a nice gun and good luck with the sale. If you don't mind me asking what is the grail item you fancy ?
  • HockyHocky Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    BOFFER wrote:
    If you don't mind me asking what is the grail item you fancy ?

I collect various items but in this instance it's action man item that I have agreed to buy at a hefty price.
    Unfortunately for me I don't have deep enough pockets to keep both
    Price is negotiable, I am always willing to listen to any reasonable offer folks
    edited May 2018
    N/a
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I think with FE announcing another one, the price of the originals is going to be greatly undermined. Especially if they make it with decent materials this time around.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    I think its just the back story that confuses the sale but that is only my personal opinion of course. If it were me I would of just advertised it as an LE edition with the outer boxes missing. That way any buyer knows exactly what he is getting. You could then sell the outer boxes separately or gift them to the new owner as non authentic, but its still an outer box. Trying to sell it as a signature edition with no placque just puts doubt in the mind of buyers and to be fair at the money you are trying to sell it for is realistic of an LE edition and a signature edition would be much more. That's my take anyway. Good luck with the sale.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    BOFFER wrote:
    I think its just the back story that confuses the sale but that is only my personal opinion of course. If it were me I would of just advertised it as an LE edition with the outer boxes missing. That way any buyer knows exactly what he is getting. You could then sell the outer boxes separately or gift them to the new owner as non authentic, but its still an outer box. Trying to sell it as a signature edition with no placque just puts doubt in the mind of buyers and to be fair at the money you are trying to sell it for is realistic of an LE edition and a signature edition would be much more. That's my take anyway. Good luck with the sale.

I'd agree with this. As somebody who is yet to secure a Golden Gun, this is not some LE/SE Hybrid, it is just a normal LE with the wrong outer boxes. It would be impossible to 'just add a SE plaque'.
    And you've also (quite rightly) pointed out the mark on the pen. So given all of that, I think you're asking a lot for this.

Having said that, as someone looking to add a Golden Gun to add to my collection, I am now far more likely to wait for the new release rather than spend this sort of money on a first edition.

Good luck with your sale.
    The mark on the pen is irrelevant in my humble opinion as it can be gold plated for about £30.00 to match exactly. Also the point about FE making a new golden gun is just a story for now and if it does ever appear, which I doubt, they have already said that it wont match the original one so it doesn't compromise existing owners. I understand Barry said this himself. At around 1350.00 ono as an LE with no outer box its still very good value and given the lack of them I would snap it up if you have the spare cash. That's my advice anyway. They don't come up every day and the next one to appear may have other issues for more money.
    edited May 2018
    N/a
    Its easily worth 1350 with the bullets as well. The outer boxes are missing on loads of guns so not a problem and the outer box that you have will have a value to someone on here or ebay. Good luck with the sale. I think the new offering from FE if it ever arrives will be a miniature version or odd size version but that just my best guess anyway. They have been mulling over the FRWL attaché case for about 10 years now and its still never arrived.