WTB: Montblanc Pen

HLDHLD Texas, USAPosts: 15MI6 Agent
Not strictly Bond related, but I would like to finish out a stylish Bond inspired outfit with a nice pen, so
If anyone has a Montblanc pen they would sell please let me know.

Thanks!

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I'd sell you my unused fountain pen, but it's engraved with the Mercedes Benz Arena in Shanghai info. It was given to me by one of the Arena's marketing execs. Doubt anyone would want it due to the engraving.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I have a funny story about a Mont Blanc pen. I once joined the marketing dept of a London Company. We got a new rather draconian head who inherited a whole load of marketing corporate giveaways from his predecessor the only problem was they were all gift wrapped.

For a Christmas Party hosting clients he decided to dispose of his old stock by placing one of these gift wrapped items on each of the customers place settings. We set up and I had a couple left over. Clients were being very friendly at the end of the night and we had no idea why but thought they appreciated the effort we had put in. Then one came up to me and said she did not get a gift. There were two boxes left so I gave her the choice. She chose the biggest and the smallest was left. At the end of the night I asked my boss what to do with the last box. He said you keep it ‘Merry Christmas’. I got home and put it under the tree.

Come Christmas Day I had opened all my presents and this one box remained. I almost chinned it off as chocolates and gave it to a relative. After a couple of days I finally opened it. To my surprise it was a silver and gold Mont Blanc roller ball pen. I nearly fell off my perch and I was certainly gobsmacked. Must have cost £400+

Needless to say I never mentioned this to my boss and never used it in the office. All our future Christmas Parties for customers were always well attended but I don’t think they ever got such a result there after. But that night certainly went down in history we must have given away thousands.

Moral of this story there is a god after all.

Cheers :007)

P.S I know you are all asking what did our customer choose? A silk ladies corporate scarf so I am sure she was happy :D
    P..P.S I picked up a Mont Blanc fountain pen in duty free and a pen and pencil set off eBay. Do your research and you will get a bargain :D
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • HLDHLD Texas, USAPosts: 15MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    I have a funny story about a Mont Blanc pen. I once joined the marketing dept of a London Company. We got a new rather draconian head who inherited a whole load of marketing corporate giveaways from his predecessor the only problem was they were all gift wrapped.

For a Christmas Party hosting clients he decided to dispose of his old stock by placing one of these gift wrapped items on each of the customers place settings. We set up and I had a couple left over. Clients were being very friendly at the end of the night and we had no idea why but thought they appreciated the effort we had put in. Then one came up to me and said she did not get a gift. There were two boxes left so I gave her the choice. She chose the biggest and the smallest was left. At the end of the night I asked my boss what to do with the last box. He said you keep it ‘Merry Christmas’. I got home and put it under the tree.

Come Christmas Day I had opened all my presents and this one box remained. I almost chinned it off as chocolates and gave it to a relative. After a couple of days I finally opened it. To my surprise it was a silver and gold Mont Blanc roller ball pen. I nearly fell off my perch and I was certainly gobsmacked. Must have cost £400+

Needless to say I never mentioned this to my boss and never used it in the office. All our future Christmas Parties for customers were always well attended but I don’t think they ever got such a result there after. But that night certainly went down in history we must have given away thousands.

P.S I know you are all asking what did our customer choose? A silk ladies corporate scarf so I am sure she was happy :D
    P..P.S I picked up a Mont Blanc fountain pen in duty free and a pen and pencil set off eBay. Do your research and you will get a bargain :D

As a kid a bigger box seemed to mean a better gift, but maybe the opposite when you are older!

I've been checking on ebay, maybe a vintage one would be nice.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I rember my first Mont Blanc , with its green ink , those were the days
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,350MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:

I enjoyed the story very much - thank you for posting -{
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I've got 2....not that I right much these days.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood