Bond 25 SPOILER news

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Craig is wearing normal shoes in these photos, so at least we know for sure he can walk without that …… (trying in vain to remember the right word) ….. boot.
    Those bruises on his face must be more recent than his leg injury, right? If so he's been filming a "high-octane action scene" after he hurt his foot.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent

First of all, this is wonderful stuff. It's great to see Craig back and the suit looks good (and properly sized).
    From what audio I could hear in the video, it appears that the DB5 is actually a reproduction with a modern BMW motor
    and possibly on a BMW platform....when Craig wraps his knuckles on the body, it also sounds like it may be fiberglass.
    I actually think it would be a cool plotpoint for Q to have built a custom DB5 replica for Bond with the aesthetics of the classic vintage
    DB5 but modern, state of the art super high performance motor and chassis (not to mention modern reliability :). It would be cool to have the bad guy in the Valhalla and Bond in the sleeper DB5 with said villain assuming he or she can easily outrun Bond in his much slower and less nimble vintage ride to find out otherwise.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    From what audio I could hear in the video, it appears that the DB5 is actually a reproduction with a modern BMW motor
    and possibly on a BMW platform....when Craig wraps his knuckles on the body, it also sounds like it may be fiberglass.

He actually seems to say carbon fibre: no expense spared for Bond!
    Craig says they've have five of them made as well, so that's definitely a full-on action scene for the DB5 then!

It looks incredible, doesn't it? Charles is no stranger to these cars obviously: he's had a DB6 from new! Pretty sure he had a V8 Volante like the other one too!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Yeah def said 5 DB5s knocked up! {[]
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Yes; here you go! :)

slzzvrjhl1biwybrecsn.jpg
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Yeah def said 5 DB5s knocked up! {[]

You wouldn't make 5 incredible replicas unless you were going to do something pretty tyre-smoking and impressive with them, would you? I even thought I caught a glimpse a rollcage in that one, but couldn't be sure.

BMW engine makes perfect sense too: presumably the straight six, just like the Aston had. He says Aston sourced the dials but I'm assuming they would have been heavily involved with the build. Fingers crossed for gadgets! :D
    edited June 2019
    Actually... it looks a bit duff around the side windows! :D I guess it'll be just for stunts. Notice there's definitely a rollcage visible in the rear window though:

prince-charles-prince-of-wales-meets-british-actor-daniel-craig-as-he-picture-id1151041621?s=2048x2048

Loads more photos, including the Cuba set, here:
    https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/james-bond?family=editorial&phrase=james%20bond&sort=newest
    emtiem wrote:
    Actually... it looks a bit duff around the side windows! :D Not quite right at all, but I guess it'll be just for stunts. Notice there's definitely a rollcage visible in the rear window though:

prince-charles-prince-of-wales-meets-british-actor-daniel-craig-as-he-picture-id1151041628?s=2048x2048

Loads more photos, including the Cuba set, here:
    https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/james-bond?family=editorial&phrase=james%20bond&sort=newest

Check out the pics after Bond - look who is in London.

Coincidence?
  • BraxoBraxo Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    edited June 2019
    Braxo wrote:
    15042184-7163615-Prince_Charles_was_on_top_form_as_he_joked_with_actors_Daniel_Cr-a-23_1561049170811.jpg

Any ID on this painting?

Found it.
    paul-nash-battle-of-germany.jpg

Battle of Germany - Paul Nash

https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/battle-of-germany/oQFd5rvAGtOFaQ

With this description:
    The moment of the picture is when the city, lying under the uncertain light of the moon, awaits the blow at its heart. In the background, a gigantic column of smoke arises from the recent destruction of an outlying factory which is still fiercely burning. These two objects pillar and moon seem to threaten the city no less than the flights of bombers even now towering in the red sky...
    welshboy78 wrote:

Coincidence?

Ooh good spot! I guess it's possible it's nothing to do with it, but it does seem quite the coincidence, doesn't it...? :)
    emtiem wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Coincidence?

Ooh good spot! I guess it's possible, but it does seem quite the coincidence, doesn't it...? :)

Indeed {[]
    edited June 2019
    Braxo wrote:
    Braxo wrote:
    15042184-7163615-Prince_Charles_was_on_top_form_as_he_joked_with_actors_Daniel_Cr-a-23_1561049170811.jpg

Any ID on this painting?

Found it.
    paul-nash-battle-of-germany.jpg

Battle of Germany - Paul Nash

https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/battle-of-germany/oQFd5rvAGtOFaQ

With this description:
    The moment of the picture is when the city, lying under the uncertain light of the moon, awaits the blow at its heart. In the background, a gigantic column of smoke arises from the recent destruction of an outlying factory which is still fiercely burning. These two objects pillar and moon seem to threaten the city no less than the flights of bombers even now towering in the red sky...

Having a painting of the bombing of another country's capital in the office of the head of MI6 seems a bit extreme, even though the painting is from WWII. I would think a painting such as "The Battle of Britain" by the same artist would be a more natural choise, since the theme is protecting Britain from foreign threats. Both paintings are essentially air force themed, unlike the Navy paintings traditionally seen in M's office. That M was a former admiral, while the current M is from the Army. Battle of Britain" is a beautiful painting, by the way:
    http://www.thepictureparlour.com/images/eBayimages/nash_penguin/battle_of_britain.jpg
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    No one has remarked on the fact that Lashana Lynch is wearing a safari jacket!
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    22 minutes of footage...

https://youtu.be/UhfmQaL_EGE
  • BraxoBraxo Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Having a painting of the bombing of another country's capital in the office of the head of MI6 seems a bit extreme, even though the painting is from WWII. I would think a painting such as "The Battle of Britain" by the same artist would be a more natural choise, since the theme is protecting Britain from foreign threats. Both paintings are essentially air force themed, unlike the Navy paintings traditionally seen in M's office. That M was a former admiral, while the current M is from the Army. Battle of Britain" is a beautiful painting, by the way:
    http://www.thepictureparlour.com/images/eBayimages/nash_penguin/battle_of_britain.jpg

You're right about the Navy paintings traditionally in M's office.

In Skyfall, then at the end of the movie, in M's office, we had "HMS “Victory” Heavily Engaged at the Battle of Trafalgar" which shows the ship - the HMS Temeraire - at its height of glory. Earlier in the film, and as a plot device, the aging Bond meets Q in front of the painting "Fighting Temeraire tugged to her last Berth to be broken up". Where the same ship is shown old and at the end of its life.

So I wanted to ID the new painting in M's office to see if there are possible hints to the movie's plot.
    Cheverian wrote:
    No one has remarked on the fact that Lashana Lynch is wearing a safari jacket!

Ha! And frustratingly we can't hear Ms Broccoli when she introduces her!

Amazing that huge hall with the columns is actually the MI6 set, isn't it? I assumed it was an old Pinewood building at first. Nice that we see what's outside M's office finally!
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Q‘s lab looks great. Very reminiscent of Goldfinger. :007)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Great that he leaves by driving off down Goldfinger Avenue!

And he knows about Felix Leiter: I wonder if he's a bit of a Bond fan? :D
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    7-C4-C5-C0-C-4-A02-45-B4-8-B58-874-A95-B6625-A.jpg
    7-C4-C5-C0-C-4-A02-45-B4-8-B58-874-A95-B6625-A.jpg

Well that's official then: good spot.

I must admit... I wish the V8 were getting most of the limelight. It'll be fun to see the DB5 in a proper action scene, but the V8 is just the coolest one...
    Braxo wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

You're right about the Navy paintings traditionally in M's office.

In Skyfall, then at the end of the movie, in M's office, we had "HMS “Victory” Heavily Engaged at the Battle of Trafalgar" which shows the ship - the HMS Temeraire - at its height of glory. Earlier in the film, and as a plot device, the aging Bond meets Q in front of the painting "Fighting Temeraire tugged to her last Berth to be broken up". Where the same ship is shown old and at the end of its life.

So I wanted to ID the new painting in M's office to see if there are possible hints to the movie's plot.

Now I'm obsessing on Paul Nash. I knew some of his paintings, but I didn't know the name of the artist. If they wanted to show how an ex-officer in the Army would decorate his MI6 office as opposed to his Navy predesecor, I think "Stand to before dawn" by Nash would be Perfect. It's an Army painting about standing viglilantly on guard :

7_2.jpg

Perhaps "Battle of Germany" was picked because if shows a theme in the movie; the potential destruction of a city?
    I see in the video the V8 is a replica also
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I see in the video the V8 is a replica also

Well I don't know: the Aston guy says they built it- is that what you mean? I took that as meaning that they just rebuilt an old one into that spec. They seem more proud of the DB5 in a way.
    I think Craig says something about how they were fairly cheap 15 years but are worth loads now.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    edited June 2019
    emtiem wrote:
    And he knows about Felix Leiter: I wonder if he's a bit of a Bond fan? :D

Yeah I was about to say that—he definitely seems to know his stuff. He asked Finnes about Craig/Bond in M’s office “I thought he was meant to be in retirement?” so it seems like he follows the plots.
    Funny that Fiennes kept putting his hands on his hips: does he actually do that himself or is he being method and using M's body language? :D I've never seen him do it in any roles outside of Mallory.
  • Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent
    Old Charlie kind of blanked Cary Fukunaga there didn’t he ? And then they even refer to Sam Mendes . :D
    Well he wasn’t properly dressed! :)
    Complete speculation, but if, as someone suggested, the Valhalla is the new 007’s wheels and not Bond’s, and the DB5 sounds like it’s been prepared for an action scene, perhaps Bond gives chase to 007, she grabbing her Valhalla and he picking up his DB from Q’s lab? Aston vs Aston? Could she be a baddie?
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Q‘s lab looks great. Very reminiscent of Goldfinger. :007)

Really?

q-lab.jpg
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Reviewing the pictures and video of Prince Charles' visit, here is what I think has been confirmed, and some speculation on my part;

1. M's office will be seen - I'm guessing this is at the end of the film.
    2. The MI6 offices we saw in Spectre with the 'fate of glass' scene make a re-appearance
    3. Moneypeny's seen in the MI6 office
    4. Lashana Lynch may be seen in the MI6 office - or she may be at Pinewood for the Cuba scenes
    5. Five DB5s have been made suggesting the DB5 is involved in a chase. In the video, DC can be heard saying that the driver sits ontop, as they did with the Land Rover in Skyfall, so we know the DB5 will be in a chase sequence.
    6. There's a fight in a bar - Cuba maybe?
    7. A location in 'Cuba' is called the Palacio Velazquez, location of the bar?
    8. They are filming until October, which is the usual seven months for a Bond production.
    9. Felix Leiter is the one who brings Bond out of retirement.