Bond 25 SPOILER news

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I agree there are visual echoes.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I hate to put gas on the fire but... I can't be the only one seeing the similarity's?

nttd.jpg

I was reminded more of the Liparus set.

ken-adam-the-spy-who-loved-me-02.jpg

I see with what you mean.

But I was talking about the context of the images from NTTD and Dr.No. And how it looks awfully similar IMO.
    Some form of lab with workers in radiation suits etc.

“a lab with workers in radiation suits” isn’t really a unique thing though. It feels like every second Bond features those things (even though it’s only been a few). I don’t think this is going to be Dr. No Part II.
    I think the simularities to the Liparus set is mainly the red suits.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I think the simularities to the Liparus set is mainly the red suits.

I didn't even noticed the red suits when I first saw the trailer. I just noticed the shape of the walls, the blue-grey colour and the water in the middle. It resembles the Liparus beyond the red suits. The scale of the set is also similar to the Liparus.

I think people are trying too hard to relate it to Dr. No.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I imagine the Liparius set was significantly larger?
    Number24 wrote:
    I imagine the Liparius set was significantly larger?

It's difficult to tell from the trailer, but this looks like a tremendous set.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    I hate to put gas on the fire but... I can't be the only one seeing the similarity's?
    nttd.jpg
    Matt S wrote:
    yes I am reminded of the Spy Who Loved Me too, the shot is a very similar composition, same perspective, same general dimensions, I doubt its coincidence.
    But I dont think it really is a boat interior, I think its underground. The vast concrete surfaces look like the room where Bond is talking to Malik at 2:01, probably both parts of the same evil headquarters.
    Either way, very Ken Adam, and thats a good thing.

Didn't Craig once say he wanted to do a Bond film with "submarine bases"?
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I love the new context of using the famous "Bond, James Bond" :))
    yes thats a witty moment, recontextualizing the signature line.
    File it next to "do I look like I give a damn" and BrosnanBond walking into a hotel lobby looking like a homeless person.
    Every so often they get these self-parodic bits right
    Number24 wrote:
    Paloma is far more adept at combat than I originally presumed. Exciting!
    that kick at 2:09 is some kind of crazy circus move!
    Number24 wrote:
    Is it a break-in that happens just before M says:"Where is 007?", or perhaps some kind of sabotage? Possibly at Porton Down?
    It's proof Nomi isn't 007 at least.
    Revolver66 wrote:
    Nah I would still say she definitely could be 007. They may have it just edited the clip to imply that M is talking about Bond
    thats exactly how I take it, theyve creatively edited the dialog to misdirect. M doesnt say where's Bond, they just cut directly to a shot of Bond's yacht. Nomi doesnt say what her number is, just shes been double oh for two years. Q thought Bond was dead.

Still, we presume EON themselves have been stoking the online debate about a black woman 007, so why misdirect in the trailer? the assumption maybe that not everybody who sees a conventional movie trailer is an online culture warrior, is not aware of the "controversy"? targetted micromarketing for different slices of the potential audience.
    nttd.jpg
    Matt S wrote:
    yes I am reminded of the Spy Who Loved Me too, the shot is a very similar composition, same perspective, same general dimensions, I doubt its coincidence.
    But I dont think it really is a boat interior, I think its underground. The vast concrete surfaces look like the room where Bond is talking to Malik at 2:01, probably both parts of the same evil headquarters.
    Either way, very Ken Adam, and thats a good thing.

Didn't Craig once say he wanted to do a Bond film with "submarine bases"?

I wasn't suggesting that it was a boat interior, just that it resembled the Liparus. The scene where Bond is talking to Malik reminds me of Drax's pyramid lair from MR. These sets, along with the DN lair, were all by Ken Adam, as you mentioned. Adam is clearly inspiration for these sets, and it's about time his iconic look returned to Bond.
    yeh I really want a proper Ken Adam style villains headquarters!

at 1:22, Bond and Madeleine are walking in that beautiful Italian village, and the focus suddenly shifts to a parade marching up the road way across the valley ... I wonder whats that all about?
    yeh I really want a proper Ken Adam style villains headquarters!

at 1:22, Bond and Madeleine are walking in that beautiful Italian village, and the focus suddenly shifts to a parade marching up the road way across the valley ... I wonder whats that all about?

There are lots of parades in Bond. TB, LALD, MR, SP (and I'm sure others that I'm not thinking of) have sorts of parades or large street gatherings.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    I think they were on their way to a funeral
    There’s also that big line of people coming out of the church during the bike jump. Maybe it’s the same group later that evening? Or maybe people walking around the town in a big line is just a common occurrence in that part of Italy?

FE3-F1-AF0-6-E8-F-474-D-B64-A-FB996-AD15-FD4.jpg
    I think they were on their way to a funeral

Another Dr. No connection? :))
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Looks like a Japanese Pagoda on the chair behind Safin on his close-up, and there's a plant in the room, but I may be looking too far into it for hope of the garden of death. The Japanese mask too... Here's hoping these are clues to The Garden Of Death.

Other clues could include the rumoured zen garden on the algae farm, the filming at the castle, and the Shatterhand title rumour from ages ago.

Please make him Dr Shatterhand instead of Dr No...

Dr.S is not that far fetched, since in addition to what you just listed; both Bond and Dr."X" are sitting in seiza. So there are an abundance of Japanese cultural undertones in that scene.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    The only thing bothering me about the trailer is Blofeld‘s age, he is 73 which is odd considering they were „brothers“ at a young age...
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    The only thing bothering me about the trailer is Blofeld‘s age, he is 73 which is odd considering they were „brothers“ at a young age...

Which suggests we might see some retconning. I don't think that computer screen is necessarily a computer at MI6 or the Wakefield prison.

If Safin is the Norway gunmen then whatever evil science SPECTRE has developed may have made Safin younger and equally Waltz's Blofeld.

In SPECTRE Blofeld says he took his new name from his mother's bloodline. Is Safin from that bloodline? Is Safin a Blofeld? Is Waltz's Blofeld a double for how Safin would look if he had not been made younger?

Was Madeleine's mother a Blofeld? Is that her secret?
    I don't belive Safin is Blofeld.
    But Safin says something about "Your skills will die with your body. my skills will survive after I'm gone." I wonder what that means?
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    But Safin says something about "Your skills will die with your body. my skills will survive after I'm gone." I wonder what that means?

I said A Blofeld, not THE Blofeld.

His skills live on after him because he can be cloned? Is Safin a clone of Blofeld who looks different because the process isn't perfect, hence his appearance as a younger man in Norway?
  • villefranchevillefranche Wiener RiesenradPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:

Which suggests we might see some retconning. I don't think that computer screen is necessarily a computer at MI6 or the Wakefield prison.

If Safin is the Norway gunmen then whatever evil science SPECTRE has developed may have made Safin younger and equally Waltz's Blofeld.

In SPECTRE Blofeld says he took his new name from his mother's bloodline. Is Safin from that bloodline? Is Safin a Blofeld? Is Waltz's Blofeld a double for how Safin would look if he had not been made younger?

Was Madeleine's mother a Blofeld? Is that her secret?

From the trailer, one can detect hints that could refer to callbacks to both Dr. No (the Japanese vibe) and Die Another Day (the aging/de-aging and/or identity issues regarding Blofeld and Safin, the new technology). If so, that would be a difficult combination to pull off. But apparently, they took a clever approach on that film (as opposed the to the lazy one in Spectre): not killing Swann in the PTS and instead making Bond think he's betrayed once more by his loved one (an obvious callback to CR). Therefore, there's a chance they can pull off this weird combination to end Craig's tenure with a film that would merge the elements of both the first film and last film of the original timeline (DN to DAD) before the reboot.
    Someone wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

His skills live on after him because he can be cloned? Is Safin a clone of Blofeld who looks different because the process isn't perfect, hence his appearance as a younger man in Norway?

I understand.
    Your theory about Safin getting cloned explains that line. it looks like Safin's face is more disfigured/scarred on the frozen lake than it is in what present day, so some kind of gene manipulkation could explaion that. Or perhaps someone in the cabin threw a pan of boiling water at him.
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Slightly off topic but it looks like the climax of the film will be Bond and Nomi teaming up Bond/ Wai Lin style to take out Rami and his boys.
    Number24 wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

I understand.
    Your theory about Safin getting cloned explains that line. it looks like Safin's face is more disfigured/scarred on the frozen lake than it is in what present day, so some kind of gene manipulkation could explaion that. Or perhaps someone in the cabin threw a pan of boiling water at him.

Maybe not water but I’d say this is what happens. It would explain the mask being broken in half and his distressed/enraged behaviour in the clip on the ice.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It will be interesting to see how many of these ideas pan out when we finally see the film :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    I'm assuming it's Bond under the ice? If so, we have the villain standing over Bond who's underneath a frozen lake for the second time in three films. Not complaining though as it looks pretty gripping. Just an observation.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Could Safin have been out canvasing for the Brexit party, but is Lactose intolerance so when
    getting a Milk Shake in the face, it causes the scaring ? ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    After the line about "a history of violence" Safin says someting about "...… my own refelction". What's the full sentence?
    I'm assuming it's Bond under the ice? If so, we have the villain standing over Bond who's underneath a frozen lake for the second time in three films. Not complaining though as it looks pretty gripping. Just an observation.

I think it's the young girl. If you remember the video where the masked man chased her on the ice? At the end she suddenly got down on one knee. I think that's when she falls through the ice. the shot of her actually going through the ice was probably filmed in a tank With warmer water and possibly a body double. I also think the figure under the ice looks smaller than the man staning on the ice even though the person in the water is closer to the camera.
    We can see the hole in the ice in the shot I think. It's the bright spot in the lower part of the screen.
    What could this be?

Wvpcmh8.jpg

My first thought was a SPECTRE break-in at Porton Down, then I thought it may be SPECTRE breaking Blofeld out near the end of the film. But this is a high-rise with big windows in a big city, hardly a prison or Porton Down. Someone in MICommuntiy suggested it could be the kidnapping of the scientist, and that seems to fit better.
  • BraxoBraxo Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    I don't believe I've seen discussion regarding Rami's character and this "hint" from Broccoli, who teased. “He is really the supervillain. He’s the one that really gets under Bond’s skin. He’s a nasty piece of work.”

I wonder if the the "getting under Bond's skin" hints at something about what his plans are against Bond using whatever may be growing in these supposed algae tanks? Maybe it's in reference to whatever happened to his own skin?