LF: Tom Ford Harrington & John Varvatos Racer

Hello all,

I’ve been thinking and I’d love to see if any of you have a Tom Ford Harrington and/or JV Racer for about a 42” chest and 18” shoulder. I believe that will translate into a 46 or tailored 48 in the TF and I don’t mind if it isn’t exactly screen-accurate. For the racer, likely a small or medium. Feel free to pm me a note.

Best,
Rixon

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Sorry I don’t have one for sale but I would definitely think with a 42” chest you’d be a couple of sizes more than 46 or 48. I’m between a 41” and 42” chest and I have the TF harrington in a 52, and personally I wouldn’t have wanted it any smaller than that.
  • RixonRixon Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Sorry I don’t have one for sale but I would definitely think with a 42” chest you’d be a couple of sizes more than 46 or 48. I’m between a 41” and 42” chest and I have the TF harrington in a 52, and personally I wouldn’t have wanted it any smaller than that.

That’s interesting. Thanks for the comment. Perhaps it’s because I like a close fit or this Harrington is cut slimmer than normal. I would normally take a few sizes up, but my current Harrington from TF in a tan color with leather trims is cut large for a labelled 48.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Look at how the 46 and 48 Harrington fit Mantis with a 40" chest. The 46 is quite fitted on him.

I have a 40-41 chest with 18.5 inch shoulders. I have a 52. Maybe I could pull off a 50, but the shoulders and arms may have been too small for me. Pity there wasn't a 51.

Regarding the JV Racer, I took a large. Had I kept it I would have had it tailored a bit (maybe an inch across the chest and waist). The medium would have been too tight to move comfortably in my opinion. 007JBDCMWR takes the same size jacket as I do and found the medium a hair too small.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Hi Rixon. I have a new JV racer (original version) in Sz Large to sell.

These measurements have been double and triple checked:

Chest width (pit to pit): from back 59.6 cm / from front 59.8 cm
    Shoulder width (across back): 48.7 cm
    Sleeve length (outer): 69.5 cm
    Top to bottom length (from back): 70 cm
    Waist width (across bottom): from back 57.7 cm / 57.5 cm

My knowledge and experience of determining size online is much lesser to these guys. However, I've found the shoulder measurement to be most critical to get right with this jacket, as everything else can be tailored.

Please reply to my PM if you are interested.
    -Liam
  • RixonRixon Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I took a trip to the store and it looks like the best fit is close to 45.7 cm shoulder and 53.4 cm pit-to-pit.

I tried the racer in black and found the medium to be a better size than the large. That may be because my shoulders are smaller than your 18.5" and I'm more chest than back 8-) , not too sure.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Rixon wrote:
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I took a trip to the store and it looks like the best fit is close to 45.7 cm shoulder and 53.4 cm pit-to-pit.

I tried the racer in black and found the medium to be a better size than the large. That may be because my shoulders are smaller than your 18.5" and I'm more chest than back 8-) , not too sure.

Fit is very dependent on both body type and individual aesthetics, not to mention comfort. I'm tall and thin with wide shoulders, so fitted on me looks like a beanpole. If you feel the medium works best for you, then it does.

Since you mentioned you're more chest than back, please take into account the cut of the TF Harrington is more back than chest. By contrast the tightness in my Royale Harrington is in the back shoulders, not the chest.