Licence TO Kill ....Bond's stunt double's Rolex up for auction

ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
safe_image.php.jpg

I’m contacting you from Fellows Auctioneers in Birmingham.

We are selling a Rolex Submariner which featured on James Bond’s wrist in the film Licence to Kill.

The Rolex Submariner worn by 007 could fetch a whopping £90,000 at Fellows Auctioneers in Birmingham.

The magnificent timepiece - worn by Timothy Dalton’s stunt double during the British spy thriller, Licence to Kill, in 1989 – is estimated at £60,000 - £90,000 in Fellows’ upcoming Watch Sale on Tuesday 30th October*.

The stunning timepiece, reference 5513, will be on view in Fellows’ London and Birmingham offices leading up to the auction.

The Rolex featured in a memorable scene during a car chase where 007 is driving a tanker truck in Mexico.

Laura Bishop, Watch Manager at Fellows Auctioneers, said: “This is one of the rarest and most fascinating watches we have ever had up for auction at Fellows. It’s amazing to think this watch was on screen in a James Bond movie. The more I read about the provenance of the watch, and how it featured in such a classic Bond scene, the more excited I get about selling it.”

*Please note the Rolex Submariner was worn onscreen by Timothy Dalton’s stunt double, not Timothy Dalton himself.

To find out more about the Rolex, visit our website.

High resolution images of this item can be downloaded here: https://we.tl/t-iMMcqbnPzU

For more information, please click the attached press release.

If there is anything else you need please let me know.

It would be great to hear from you.

Thank you and kind regards,

Liam Bolland BA (Hons)
Marketing Assistant

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Coincidentally I saw this piece this week. The provenance that this guy worked on the film is very good, but it’s not worth that price by any stretch of the imagination. It’s a stunt doubles watch that doesn’t get seen on screen, and has no connection with the production at all beyond that. Above all else the provenance doesn’t unequivocally prove that this watch was worn by the stuntman beyond his word. It’s an interesting piece, but £10k let alone £90k will get you a higher profile screen used principal actor/Bond used prop actually seen on screen. Or indeeed a very nice example of a 5513.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • BOFFERBOFFER Posts: 331MI6 Agent
    Ditto
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    I always thought, he was wearing a Submariner Date in LTK.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Seven wrote:
    I always thought, he was wearing a Submariner Date in LTK.

He was. This belonged to one of the stunt drivers. So it wasn’t worn by Bond or even seen on screen. The auction house write up on this watch is somewhat misleading.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    They might as well chuck the stuntmans undies up too and list it under Bond :p
    Instagram - bondclothes007