Are they J Crew, or Could they be Brunello?

TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
Just playing Devils advocate here, but Westward Drift made an observation on The Great Ebay Thread about a pair of BC chukka boots that he saw, and commented how the soles looked remarkably like the ones on the JCrew boots from the Spectre Morocco outfit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Brunello-Cucinelli-Buck-Skin-Beige-Suede-Chukka-Boot-Gum-Sole-w-Bag-41-5-EU/232990917304

That got me wondering, did BC make other desert boots, and it seems they have for quite a while. I was searching for a 2015 BC footwear catalogue of some sort, which i couldn't find, but I found these, which have been around for a few years it seems.

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/en-nz/p/brunello-cucinelli-kude-suede-lace-up-boot-prod208440165

Now i know these couldn't be farther away from SA colouring, and the soles are a completely different composition, but what if BC made a pair for DC for SP that were the shape of the Kude, soles from the ebay chukkas and in a lighter colour? Was this whole outfit a BC one? (bar the shirt)

We know that some stuff is made exclusively for the films, we also know that some companies have produced one offs for DC (C&J), so how certain are we that the SU boots are JCrew?

Just saying 8-)

Comments

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I may be wrong but I thought I read that Jany had confirmed that the boots were J Crew?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I may be wrong but I thought I read that Jany had confirmed that the boots were J Crew?

Was about to comment the same—I’m pretty sure their use in SP been confirmed by Jany as well as DC’s stylists when he’s worn the boots in post-SP shoots.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Phew, That’s all good then! I hadn’t heard that confirmation and the more I looked, the more I starting to convince myself of something that wasn’t there!
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    100% J.Crew, not sure Jany confirmed but they were confirmed by stylist when he wore them n a shoot.