TF Solden Jacket on Sale

Just a heads up if anyone wants one of these they are now going for 50% off on Mr Porter.

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Just a heads up if anyone wants one of these they are now going for 50% off on Mr Porter.

Too bad it's not the screen accurate version and sizes are limited BUT it's a hell of a price!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    They have my size, goes down to £600 delivered as I have store credit. Thinking about it but not sure I need it.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 525MI6 Agent
    They had all sizes available last few days....many sizes now sold out. I got a 38 and 40 to check them out...will probably send them back as although they are 50% off they are still expensive. 38R still available.
    edited February 2019
    sunny01 wrote:
    They had all sizes available last few days....many sizes now sold out. I got a 38 and 40 to check them out...will probably send them back as although they are 50% off they are still expensive. 38R still available.

Hopefully you keep one of them as that's the best price I've seen! Keep in mind this version runs a size smaller than the screen used version.
    They have my size, goes down to £600 delivered as I have store credit. Thinking about it but not sure I need it.

Maybe worth trying before they are gone! whats to lose...yu can always return as postage and returns are free.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Anyone have a link, not showing up for me
  • Bond00XLBond00XL Posts: 117MI6 Agent
    I MISSED it! All sold out now. What was the latest US price at 50% off? Really wanted one of these!
    NC-MI6-00 wrote:
    I MISSED it! All sold out now. What was the latest US price at 50% off? Really wanted one of these!

Well the US price would have been $2138.50/£1635! Also keep in mind that VAT would be taken off which is around 12% off the price then duties and s/h. I'm thinking it would have been just under $1100 total.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    NC-MI6-00 wrote:

Well the US price would have been $2138.50/£1635! Also keep in mind that VAT would be taken off which is around 12% off the price then duties and s/h. I'm thinking it would have been just under $1100 total.

Mike, thanks for the information. That's about exactly the amount I was prepared to pay! Now I feel even worse! Lol. Oh well. All the best my friend!
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    NC-MI6-00 wrote:

VAT is off and shipping is free!!!
    Commandant wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    NC-MI6-00 wrote:

VAT is off and shipping is free!!!

VAT is not removed until you add the item to the cart. Whenever I made purchases from MrPorter they always give me free shipping on regular priced items but sale items they always hit me for £30 s/h when shipping to the states.
    Add it your wish list as I bet some will be returned.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    NC-MI6-00 wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    NC-MI6-00 wrote:

Mike, thanks for the information. That's about exactly the amount I was prepared to pay! Now I feel even worse! Lol. Oh well. All the best my friend!

Don't feel too bad, the one on MrPorter was the navy wool one, so it wasn't the screen accurate TF one anyway...well that being said, even TF's SA one isn't actually SA...but yeah, the one on sale wasn't TF's "close enough to SA" one.
    Thanks guys! What was the difference between the recent navy wool one that Mr. Porter was offering and the "close enough" to SA previous version in case I get lucky in future for a previously owned one! Thanks for the education. Seriously, thanks guys!
    NC-MI6-00 wrote:
    Thanks guys! What was the difference between the recent navy wool one that Mr. Porter was offering and the "close enough" to SA previous version in case I get lucky in future for a previously owned one! Thanks for the education. Seriously, thanks guys!

Well I think the only difference I've seen is that the current Solden jacket had blue wool and based on the size chart it runs small.
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    NC-MI6-00 wrote:

Well I think the only difference I've seen is that the current Solden jacket had blue wool and based on the size chart it runs small.

Yes I believe the screen-used ones used grey wool (instead of blue for the newer version) but anyway, the jackets TF sold after the movie were not accurate because the pockets were shorter than screen-used ones !!!

Correct me if I'm wrong....
    Fred007 wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    NC-MI6-00 wrote:

Yes I believe the screen-used ones used grey wool (instead of blue for the newer version) but anyway, the jackets TF sold after the movie were not accurate because the pockets were shorter than screen-used ones !!!

Correct me if I’m wrong....

Correct the pockets are different on the screen used jacket.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    NC-MI6-00 wrote:

Are you sure the size chart runs small?
    edited February 2019
    Commandant wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    NC-MI6-00 wrote:

According to MrPorter the newer version is a trimmer fit. The 1st image is the sizing chart for the current color wave and the 2nd one is for the Spectre version. For a point of reference based on chest measurements I should have been a 54 in the Spectre version but it was actually too big. I've tried and owned a 52 for a while and it was perfect! If you look at the new color wave I would need to size up to a 54 MAYBE a 56 :#

Screenshot-20171219-142827.png

Screenshot-20180830-103321.png
    The size difference is huge...
    I have the same measurements as the Porter model... :#
    Thank you very much gentleman! I will keep on the lookout. One never knows!
    Thank you Sunny01 for the heads-up!
    Commandant wrote:
    You are very welcome. What size do you need? I have two arriving from mr Porter in next few days and will only keep one or send both back. Have ordered a 38 and 40.
    sunny01 wrote:
    Commandant wrote:
    You are very welcome. What size do you need? I have two arriving from mr Porter in next few days and will only keep one or send both back. Have ordered a 38 and 40.

I have ordered a size IT48, which is my size with TF.
    I hope it will not be too small.
    Thank you for the kind proposition -{
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Commandant wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

According to MrPorter the newer version is a trimmer fit. The 1st image is the sizing chart for the current color wave and the 2nd one is for the Spectre version. For a point of reference based on chest measurements I should have been a 54 in the Spectre version but it was actually too big. I've tried and owned a 52 for a while and it was perfect! If you look at the new color wave I would need to size up to a 54 MAYBE a 56 :#

I also got mine in size 52 a while back and it fits me perfectly, however the sleeves are a bit long. Did you notice any huge difference between 52 and 54?
    fleiter wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Commandant wrote:

I also got mine in size 52 a while back and it fits me perfectly, however the sleeves are a bit long. Did you notice any huge difference between 52 and 54?

I have long arms for my height so the sleeves didn't really bother me on the 52 but they could be a hair shorter. The 54 overall fit but it was ultimately too big overall for my liking and the sleeves were too long.
    Don't forget that the wool stretches a bit over time
    Mine arrived...had a 38 and 40 and did not seem too tight but sending them back. While it is very nice i would be too worried to wear it in case the sleeves got snagged, and for the price of 800 quid you can get an amazing leather jacket etc which will wear much better IMO. If i had money to burn then i would keep it :) :))
    Is there a big difference between size 38 and 40?
    Can you please measure the chest on both?

Thank you.