A german guy wants to order a diver knife from the US...

Hey guys,

has someone purchase a Knife from the US?

Do not want trouble with the US or German customs.

Many thanks
-{
**everybody needs a hobby**
https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Hey guys,

Many thanks
    -{

You may wanna take a look at the knife laws in Germany to make sure the knife you're buying complies with them. The biggest issue will be the length of the blade and if it's a fixed or folding knife with a locking blade.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Hey guys,

Many thanks
    -{

You may wanna take a look at the knife laws in Germany to make sure the knife you're buying complies with them. The biggest issue will be the length of the blade and if it's a fixed or folding knife with a locking blade.

Best bet is this ^
    But as always with shipments it's a pure lottery, if your shipment gets checked and the knife is a prohibited item in Germany then it will get confiscated. That being said as much as you'll have lost your money I doubt you'll be in trouble, at the moment the authorities are more concerned with other legal items.
    If however you manage to get the knife delivered please don't carry it around if it is prohibited.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Hey guys,

Many thanks
    -{

Best bet is this ^
    But as always with shipments it's a pure lottery, if your shipment gets checked and the knife is a prohibited item in Germany then it will get confiscated. That being said as much as you'll have lost your money I doubt you'll be in trouble, at the moment the authorities are more concerned with other legal items.
    If however you manage to get the knife delivered please don't carry it around if it is prohibited.

I took a look at the law and "apparently" you can carry a fixed blade knife as long as the blade itself is no longer than 4.72 inches or 11.99 cm's, folding blade knifes are legal but they cannot be opened by one hand (switchblade or Out the Front like Slates knife in QOS and assisted blades like my SOG Flash II are definitely illegal) or locking blades. I found this link that talks about German knife laws so hopefully it helps you out a bit....

http://knife-blog.com/2016/12/german-knife-law/
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    Thanks a lot, appreciate!

I looking for a Voit Dive Knife...and how it looks, I can buy and own it but don't carry it around.
    I think the blade is longer than 12cm...?!

Cheers -{
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

I looking for a Voit Dive Knife...and how it looks, I can buy and own it but don't carry it around.

Cheers -{

I imported one a few years back and didnt have a problem, Ed helped me out with it, our laws seem to be stricter I would imagine.

Cheers -{

Yeah it looks like you could buy/own it but could not carry it around with you! Online it says the blade is 17.78 cm so definitely not for walking around :))
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Cheers -{

I imported one a few years back and didnt have a problem, Ed helped me out with it, our laws seem to be stricter I would imagine.

Not really, the only banned items you can’t import into the UK are assisted, butterfly and gravity knives. Everything else is legal here.

Nico, you can buy the divers knife and import it. You just can’t carry it.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    Thanks for your help guys! -{