Brosnan Era Ties and Accessories For Sale

BrosnanFan69BrosnanFan69 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
My apologies if this should be posted in an existing thread rather than a new thread. I have a few Brosnan era ties and accessories (cufflinks and belts) that I will be selling on eBay over the coming few weeks. These will include:

(1) Alfred Dunhill cufflinks worn in the Hamburg scene (and perhaps other scenes) in Tomorrow Never Dies
(https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/dunhill-cufflinks-tomorrow-never-dies).

(2) An Alfred Dunhill belt worn in the Hamburg scene (and perhaps other scenes) in Tomorrow Never Dies
(https://www.bondsuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Hamburg-Charcoal-Suit-3.jpg).

(3) The Turnbull & Asser tie worn in the Hamburg scene in Tomorrow Never Dies
(https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/turnbull-asser-tie-navy-brown-and-sky-blue-squares).

(4) Alfred Dunhill cufflinks worn in multiple scenes in The World Is Not Enough
(https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/dunhill-cufflinks-world-not-enough).

(5) An Alfred Dunhill belt worn in the Bilbao scene in The World Is Not Enough
(https://www.bondsuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/World-Is-Not-Enough-Bilbao-Suit.jpg).

(6) The Turnbull & Asser tie worn in the Bilbao and Azerbaijan scenes in The World Is Not Enough
(https://www.bondsuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Bilbao-Suit-3.jpg).

(7) The Turnbull & Asser tie worn at The Rubyeon Royale Hotel in Hong Kong in Die Another Day
(https://www.bondsuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Die-Another-Day-Navy-Suit.jpg).

(8) The Alfred Dunhill cufflinks worn in multiple scenes in Die Another Day
(https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/dunhill-cufflinks-die-another-day).

If anyone is curious about any of these items I can upload photos and further details in due course.
"That's it. I've said all I've got to say on the world of James Bond."

Comments

• urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent
    T&A actually sold the Bilbao/Azerbaijan tie?
  • BrosnanFan69BrosnanFan69 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    urhash wrote:

Yes, they did. Back in 1999-2000 when TWINE came out. But unlike the "Thames Boat Chase" tie from the same film (which is still available) it was never remade.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Whoa.

Very, very interested in several of the items. Probably won’t be able to secure more than a couple, though. Very nice lot, best of luck with the sale!
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Mileham007Mileham007 Posts: 103MI6 Agent
    How much for the The Turnbull & Asser tie worn in the Hamburg scene in Tomorrow Never Dies
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    VERY interested in the belts, size dependent of course.
    Whoa.

Very, very interested in several of the items. Probably won’t be able to secure more than a couple, though. Very nice lot, best of luck with the sale!

I'll be putting the items on to eBay gradually, starting next week, and will let you know as each item goes up.

I'll put them up gradually, not all at once.
    Mileham007 wrote:
    How much for the The Turnbull & Asser tie worn in the Hamburg scene in Tomorrow Never Dies

I cannot give you a precise figure, but I can say that I'll be auctioning it on eBay with a low reserve compared with the Bilbao and Hong Kong ties because, while the latter two ties are in almost mint condition, the Hamburg tie is quite worn. It is an original that was brought in 1997-98 when TND came out and was used very frequently. Quite scary to think that I brought it over two decades ago! Consequently there are some areas near the blade of the tie (the thickest end) where the dark blue silk thread has worn away. Some of the brown thread is also worn.

I've attached a photo which shows the general condition of the tie. Higher resolution photos will accompany the eBay posting.

There is always the possibility that, although currently out of stock, Turnbull & Asser will restock this tie and continue to sell it at their standard retail price of £125.

IMG-9986.jpg

Bear with me for a day or two and I will put up some photos of both for you.
    The back of the Hamburg tie on the current reissue is a different color than the one seen on screen (which is a blue, if I remember correctly), so there is at least one difference, if it matters lol

Could you post a pic of the Bilbao tie?
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Bear with me for a day or two and I will put up some photos of both for you.

Will you be selling the stuff here or on ebay only?
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    The colours in the newer ties are very very slightly different too. It’s minimal but noticeable side by side. I did post a pic showing this not so long back.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    urhash wrote:
    The back of the Hamburg tie on the current reissue is a different color than the one seen on screen (which is a blue, if I remember correctly), so there is at least one difference, if it matters lol

You are absolutely right!

IMG-9987.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    urhash wrote:

Yes, they did. Back in 1999-2000 when TWINE came out. But unlike the "Thames Boat Chase" tie from the same film (which is still available) it was never remade.
    That's a shame, as that tie is a lot nicer and more wearable today then the Thames one.
    urhash wrote:

Bear with me for a day or two. I will do some photography over the weekend and post photos of all the items, including the Bilbao tie.
    urhash wrote:

That's a shame, as that tie is a lot nicer and more wearable today then the Thames one.

I totally agree. The Bilbao/Azerbaijan tie would not look at all out of place around DC's neck in the upcoming Bond 25.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Whoa.

I'll be putting the items on to eBay gradually, starting next week, and will let you know as each item goes up.

I'll put them up gradually, not all at once.

Much appreciated. My concern, nevertheless, is that people with deeper pockets than mine atm will surely be interested. Not very confident in my chances.

That being said, I'll repeat: excellent items, hope to snag some, no hard feelings if I end up not getting any. Hope you get a nice RoI.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
    Probably of less interest to you now that you're auctioning all these Brosnan era items off, but did you ever acquire the Bilbao cufflinks? They were finally identified (Georg Jensen) after many years.

Putting together a Bilbao outfit has proved pretty difficult given the unavailability of the tie, limited release Dunhill belt, and the unidentified (till recently) cufflinks. But hey, someone can now finally put it all together for the 20th anniversary release of TWINE this November. :))
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    Wow, is there anything else you DONT have?
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    My apologies if this should be posted in an existing thread rather than a new thread.

As you are going to be selling these on eBay then you should have used the eBay Thread -{
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.