Tom Ford Johnny Polo

ZChauvinZChauvin Posts: 244MI6 Agent
Polo is blue, not SA blue. I wasn’t aware that - 1. Not SA and 2. Tom Ford sizes must be for children. I bought the size 52 based off of measurements and it’s wayyy too small. $400 shipped

75-DA892-F-AA7-B-4-DD2-B28-E-3010-A119-DB0-E.jpg

EF9957-C4-40-F8-4179-BE91-6-D98-E9-C5-FBF5.jpg

Edit - Priced dropped. This was unknowingly purchased from a member here and my intention is not to flip for a profit but to not lose money after shipping/fees.

Comments

• bonspybonspy Virginia 20505Posts: 38MI6 Agent
    I'm so sorry to hear this. A size 52 should be a US size XL, what size does it actually measure out as?
    Just curious since I measure a medium/large in US men's clothing, but for work (I operate a global security consulting firm), I carry a handgun and need to leave adequate room so as not to "print" everywhere I travel.
    Tertia Optio
    Latebra Factum
    Veritas Vos Liberabit
  • ZChauvinZChauvin Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    bonspy wrote:
    I'm so sorry to hear this. A size 52 should be a US size XL, what size does it actually measure out as?
    Just curious since I measure a medium/large in US men's clothing, but for work (I operate a global security consulting firm), I carry a handgun and need to leave adequate room so as not to "print" everywhere I travel.

Honestly not sure as I did not measure the shirt, I know it is made as fitted but yeah. I wear a large in Orlebar Brown, and most other clothes. This however I would need at least 56. Super snug fitting in my shoulders and arms - chest and waist area good.
  • johnwr1johnwr1 Fallston, MDPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    Curious what the color code is on the tag? I've always wondered if I have the correct SA color.

Mine is B04
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    bonspy wrote:

There is no way a size 52 Tom Ford polo is a US XL considering the physical measurements for a standard Tom Ford polo are 42.5 inches. Based on those measurements and knowing the shirt will shrink a little I'd say the polo would fit someone who is a 38 to 40 chest. I'm just over a 44 chest and I need a 56 or 58 depending on the cut.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Im a 41 chest and the 52 (SA one) fits very nicely, snug and SA
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    bonspy wrote:

There is no way a size 52 Tom Ford polo is a US XL considering the physical measurements for a standard Tom Ford polo are 42.5 inches. Based on those measurements and knowing the shirt will shrink a little I'd say the polo would fit someone who is a 38 to 40 chest. I'm just over a 44 chest and I need a 56 or 58 depending on the cut.

Right, I’m a 42” chest and thought this would fit like a regular large but being fitted the arms and shoulders are extremely tight. With the way the shirt is made I’d have to size up big time.
    johnwr1 wrote:
    Curious what the color code is on the tag? I've always wondered if I have the correct SA color.

Mine is B04

I don’t know, I just know (sadly after the purchase and no chance of a refund) that it was sold as same shirt from Spectre in blue.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Im a 41 chest and the 52 (SA one) fits very nicely, snug and SA

I remember mentioning that a 52 was a good fit for you. Do you dry clean that particular polo or just hand wash/air dry?
    ZChauvin wrote:
    johnwr1 wrote:

Mine is B04

I don’t know, I just know (sadly after the purchase and no chance of a refund) that it was sold as same shirt from Spectre in blue.

I hope you're able to get this sold!
  • johnwr1johnwr1 Fallston, MDPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    The inner shirt tag towards the bottom has all the info, color, model and size.

For reference I'm a 44" chest and I bought a size 60 and put it in the washer and dryer to shrink on purpose. Now it fits quite well. Not real tight which is good I dont like them that fitted.

I didn't pay a lot for mine so why I took the chance shrinking it.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    43 chest and always grab 54 in Tom Ford (have many items including SA Spectre Polos in Navy and Sky)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    43 chest and always grab 54 in Tom Ford (have many items including SA Spectre Polos in Navy and Sky)

What are your arm/shoulder measurements. Like I said the shirt fits the chest, and with keeping in mind it being a fitted design, the sleeves/shoulder are very tight. I’m wondering if maybe the shirt was washed/dried incorrectly.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    ZChauvin wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

What are your arm/shoulder measurements. Like I said the shirt fits the chest, and with keeping in mind it being a fitted design, the sleeves/shoulder are very tight. I’m wondering if maybe the shirt was washed/dried incorrectly.

Im very broad with big arms. Sounds like it indeed has maybe been shrunk

XL Orlebar Polo very tight in comparison on me if thats any help for reference
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    ZChauvin wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

I think the polo was probably washed and dried on the high setting :#

Granted i don't own any Orlebar Brown product but i was looking at the 007 Collection and noticed how slim fitting there shirts are. Based on the sizing chart/personal measurements I'd need a XXL :s
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    ZChauvin wrote:

I think the polo was probably washed and dried on the high setting :#

Granted i don't own any Orlebar Brown product but i was looking at the 007 Collection and noticed how slim fitting there shirts are. Based on the sizing chart/personal measurements I'd need a XXL :s

The OB sizing goes up in small increments. The XL isn’t all that large, but the M isn’t slim fitting.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I'm usually a XL in most clothes, but if I can find something that fits me from OB, it has to be XXL at least and even then sometimes it's just too tight.

I'm 6'4", 230 lbs, 21" shoulders and 45" chest in case you or anyone else needed reference for sizing.

-{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    Thanks guys for all responses. If anyone is actually interested in the shirt, I’ll take some actual measurements incase the shirt was not properly cleaned and dried.

Or if anyone has a 52, and feels like measuring I’d much appreciate that so that I can compare!
    Pit to pit roughly 19”
    Shoulder to shoulder 19”
    Back to top of collar 27.5”
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    ZChauvin wrote:
    Or if anyone has a 52, and feels like measuring I’d much appreciate that so that I can compare!

Hi! I've just measured my TF SPECTRE polo shirt, also a size 52.

Pit to pit 22" (55,5 cm)
    Shoulder 18" (46 cm)
    Back without collar 26" (66 cm)
    edited May 2019
    Tintin wrote:
    ZChauvin wrote:

Pit to pit 22" (55,5 cm)
    Shoulder 18" (46 cm)

That's a pretty significant difference in measurements! How do.you wash your polo?
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Tintin wrote:
    ZChauvin wrote:

Pit to pit 22" (55,5 cm)
    Shoulder 18" (46 cm)

That's a pretty significant difference in measurements! How do.you wash your polo?

I have never washed it, bought it - tried on and put in closet. I’ll try and measure it better once I’m off.
    Tintin wrote:
    ZChauvin wrote:

Pit to pit 22" (55,5 cm)
    Shoulder 18" (46 cm)

Thanks
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Tintin wrote:
    ZChauvin wrote:

Pit to pit 22" (55,5 cm)
    Shoulder 18" (46 cm)

Oh! So far I've never worn my polo shirt since I purchased it from Tom Ford London in 2015. 8-)
    It is in its box since then and that's why it has yet never been washed. So the measurements are virtually from a fresh off the rack shirt back from the year 2015.

But as others have mentioned, if I had to wash it, I would only wash it cold by hand and dry lying flat on a rotary dryer.
    By the way, I would not worry too much because of the different measurements. Maybe your polo shirt is from a newer season and it would not be the first time that Tom Ford changes the fit, such as they did at the QoS cardigan or the sölden jacket.
    Unfortunately, this fact doesn't make it easier to buy older items without actual measurements.
    ZChauvin wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Tintin wrote:

Pit to pit 22" (55,5 cm)
    Shoulder 18" (46 cm)

I have never washed it, bought it - tried on and put in closet. I’ll try and measure it better once I’m off.

Sorry for not being specific but my question was for Tintin :D
    Tintin wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Tintin wrote:

Pit to pit 22" (55,5 cm)
    Shoulder 18" (46 cm)

Oh! So far I've never worn my polo shirt since I purchased it from Tom Ford London in 2015. 8-)
    It is in its box since then and that's why it has yet never been washed. So the measurements are virtually from a fresh off the rack shirt back from the year 2015.

But as others have mentioned, if I had to wash it, I would only wash it cold by hand and dry lying flat on a rotary dryer.

WOW that's a long time to have something and not where it but I understand sometimes it's all about finding the right time and place to do so. I would agree on the hand washing in cold water and air drying but I don't see many people using a rotary dryer here in the states but maybe I'll need to pick one up :)
    Tintin wrote:
    By the way, I would not worry too much because of the different measurements. Maybe your polo shirt is from a newer season and it would not be the first time that Tom Ford changes the fit, such as they did at the QoS cardigan or the sölden jacket.
    Unfortunately, this fact doesn't make it easier to buy older items without actual measurements.

I thought the Johhny Collar was for only one season? I realize that Tom Ford uses Italian sizing but sometimes I feel like his sizing can be a little odd especially when they change after a season. Maybe he needs to use an updated model # to reflect the differences from one season to another?
    To all, this is still available and price reduced to $275 shipped.