No Time To Die

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I don't mind the title, and the graphics remind me of Dr No for some reason. Is that the David Arnold music again.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I wonder if there will should be
    No Time* To Die
    *time provided by Omega
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    It's a safe, generic title that will work as the hook or refrain in a pop song. In fact, it reminds me of the theme song for Quantum of Solace (and could be worked into the rejected one by Shirley Bassey, too.) Nothing inspiring or particularly creative. It could be a video game or a parody title. I hope they didn't pay Phoebe Whatever-Her-Name-Is a huge fee to come up with it.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 35,980Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I don't mind the title, and the graphics remind me of Dr No for some reason. Is that the David Arnold music again.

Sure sounds like it.
    Barbel wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Sure sounds like it.
    I hope he's back for the whole score this time, I know they use Arnold's arrangement for the gunbarrel.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 35,980Chief of Staff
    Sadly, no. Dan Romer is doing the score.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,595MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Sure sounds like it.
    I hope he's back for the whole score this time, I know they use Arnold's arrangement for the gunbarrel.

Sadly Fukunaga is using his guy. They use Arnold's arrangement for the end titles. I don't believe he did Spectre's gun barrel.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Dan Romer could be interesting, though it's difficult to say as to my ear his scores are very eclectic and I can't spot a signature so to speak.
  • westeggwestegg Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I'm disappointed.

Live and Let Die was fine, but Die Another Day, Tomorrow Never Dies...c'mon, this is boring as hell. Doesn't create any excitement whatsoever.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I find the title a bit Meh ? it might grow on me over time but I do Hate the Graphics.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    A9287-E90-0-BD5-4-F2-B-8103-C073-AD6-EEFB5.png

Not the same but you can’t deny a certain resemblance... :007)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,672MI6 Agent
    I think it's high time JBR returns from "retirement". I'm sure they have good reasons for not posting any videos for a long time, but a lot has happened since then and I'm curious about their take on it.
  • DC1888DC1888 Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Anyone else think of the Columbo episode :))
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    It's a safe, generic title that will work as the hook or refrain in a pop song. In fact, it reminds me of the theme song for Quantum of Solace (and could be worked into the rejected one by Shirley Bassey, too.) Nothing inspiring or particularly creative. It could be a video game or a parody title. I hope they didn't pay Phoebe Whatever-Her-Name-Is a huge fee to come up with it.

Agree its bland and Bond by numbers. At least its not as dull as Spectre or as metaphysical as QOS. 5 out of 10 for me but im not that hung up on the title anyway.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Almost as generic as "Tomorrow Never Dies", to me but I'd be lying if I said both don't have a nice ring to them.
    Considering Spectre or Quantum of Solace were titles in his tenure, I like this one, personally.
    At least this one stands on its own.
    a reasonable rate of return
    Both the title and the font will make NTTD stand out in the crowd of action movies next year. Good or bad, most people will think Bond when they hear No Time to Die. MI, Fast and Furious and other action francises don't use titles like that.
    But among the Bond titles it'll rank as an average or even a little below average title, unlike the font that I think is one of the better ones.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    edited August 2019
    Just thinking through all 25 bond titles, I think this one might actually be the worst :# I mean, not terrible or anything, but just boring. I've been trying to get used to it, but this title adds nothing new whatsoever. It's basically DAD V2.

Ok, I'm grateful and relieved that it's not "007" or "Bond" or whatever. So yeah, at least this is an actual title. But it's just boring.

And for those saying that it's one of the best compared to the rumoured titles.... I actually disagree. It's better than Genoma Of A Woman, but I would put Eclipse, Shatterhand, and A Reason To Die all above it. In fact, it's very similar to A Reason To Die, but even less unique. I dunno, 5 years for this?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we FINALLY have a title. But to me, it is a disappointing one for sure.

3 random thoughts:
    1 - I wonder if this is the name of Ed Sheeran's already-written bond song lol, and that's why they're using this title.
    2 - Is the word "No" a clue to Dr No returning?
    3 - Is this a tribute to the blade runner villain who died recently? (on the film he says "Time to die").
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,664MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Both the title and the font will make NTTD stand out in the crowd of action movies next year. Good or bad, most people will think Bond when they hear No Time to Die. MI, Fast and Furious and other action francises don't use titles like that.
    But among the Bond titles it'll rank as an average or even a little below average title, unlike the font that I think is one of the better ones.

The graphic design is very contemporary and now, and I can't think of many other films that look that stylish with their typography.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Well that was a surprise! Title release on some random Tuesday—they really caught us off guard!

Anyway, I'm quite a fan of it! Easily recognisable as a Bond type title which is great and doesn't give anything away about the film itself.
  • RevelatorRevelator Posts: 549MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    The graphic design is very contemporary and now

The font is the same as that used on The Love Boat...a TV show from the 1970s. Just as the title is the same as that of a Columbo episode from 1992. God knows how contemporary the rest of the film will be!
    Revelator wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    The graphic design is very contemporary and now

The font is the same as that used on The Love Boat...a TV show from the 1970s. Just as the title is the same as that of a Columbo episode from 1992. God knows how contemporary the rest of the film will be!

Go further back. The typeface is based on something from the 1920s and the title is from a Terence Young/Cubby Broccoli film from 1958.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Agreed! This title screams Bond. There will be no mistaking it for something else. It's quite nostalgic actually.
    JTM wrote:
    Well that was a surprise! Title release on some random Tuesday—they really caught us off guard!

Anyway, I'm quite a fan of it! Easily recognisable as a Bond type title which is great and doesn't give anything away about the film itself.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    The font they used is Futura Black if anyone is wondering!

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/bitstream/futura-black/
  • RevelatorRevelator Posts: 549MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    the title is from a Terence Young/Cubby Broccoli film from 1958.

I'm guessing if Bond 26 will be titled Zarak then.
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I think it's high time JBR returns from "retirement". I'm sure they have good reasons for not posting any videos for a long time, but a lot has happened since then and I'm curious about their take on it.

AMEN!
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
    emtiem wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

The graphic design is very contemporary and now, and I can't think of many other films that look that stylish with their typography.

Is the font/design really very conteporary? I'm no expert, but to me it looks retro. Just to be clear, I think retro is a a good thing in this case. Can you give examples of contemporary media (films, TV, bands, comersials etc.) that uses a font like that one?
    emtiem wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Is that graphic design really that contemporary? It looks retro to me.
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    edited August 2019
    I think the title is awful. In terms of originality - or lack of! - I'd rate it the worst title of the franchise. It's like Eon are taking the piss coming up with such a generic 'die' title. Here are some alternative titles. Perhaps Eon will consider them for Bond 26? :D

TIME FOR THE FRANCHISE TO DIE

DIE, BOND, DIE!

DIE ANOTHER DAY - PART TWO

DIE PIE SKY

:D
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    For the first minute or so I didn't like it because it sounds generic.

Didn't take long for me to come around. I love it now. Yes, it has 'die' in the title. But I like that it has multiple meanings:
    - This is no time to die! - I have a mission to complete!
    - I have no time to die! - I'm busy with stuff!
    - Dr No time to die?
    - There is no good time to die..

Ultimately the film will be judged on it's quality rather than it's title. I'm sure if the spy who loved me was awful we'd hate that title, and if die another day was great we'd love that one.
    Number24 wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Is that graphic design really that contemporary? It looks retro to me.

It can be contemporary if that retro look is fashionable.