Mission:Impossible Dead Reckoning Part I -thread (shooting, wardrobe, etc.)

Comments

• armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    edited April 2023

In one of his episodes (I think it's the one with Haley Atwell and Simon Pegg) of the Light The Fuse podcast, he mentions how he wanted to give an arc to all the main characters the way Ethan got one in Fallout.

With the part 1 and 2 subtitle, I'm guessing it's going to be a big 4-5 hour movie cut in half and released a year apart, like Kill Bill 1 and 2 or the Matrix sequels.

Yes. Consssssiderably.
    edited April 2023

The tie that the Masked Man is wearing really caught my eye.

Is that Prada or Gucci or....?

I think Keanu Reeves wore the same tie... perhaps its Saint Laurent?

Also, just realized watching Ghost Protocol that Ethan wears an interesting variation on Bond's Tommy Bahama outfit:

Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

Another released picture showing the jackets.

Certainly looks green in this picture.

A little farther away:

Anyone want to identify Luthor's jacket. It has more of a Belstaff vibe than current Matchless.

While we are at it how about Benji and Ilsa's coats?

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent

Yeah certainly has a very Belstaff/Barbour vibe.

What I love even more is that Ving Rhames' head is very clearly photoshopped into that photo! 😅

Yep. BTS pics earlier in this thread show his stand in. Hope the final results are more convincing than the shots in the trailer for Indy 5.

• 405405 Posts: 119MI6 Agent

Maybe I missed it, but is Tom Cruise's jacket the Matchless in leather? Has it been release for retail sale? I cant find it if so. Nice looking jacket.

edited May 2023

Yes, it's the Matchless Craig Blouson in green nappa leather. It was for sale back in 2021-2022. Right now Matchless only has size 2xl in stock. I presume they will rerelease.

See our discussion on page 3 of this thread, specifically post 89 and earlier.

Pictures of my jacket are on page 5, post 144 I think.

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Is there a consensus on the sunglasses colour? I've seen both colour codes been discussed, but is there a definitive source on them? I've seen both 003 ad 016 being discussed, but I'm fearing another Tom Ford Snowdon SPECTRE situation, with some people (ahem) owning two versions of the same model in different colours... a much more financially challenging situation with these Cartiers.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • M.lucaM.luca Posts: 16MI6 Agent

Hello everyone, I am looking for a beanie cap like Luthor’s, does anyone have suggestions?

Ciao

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    edited June 2023

Watching the trailers, does anyone know who's the maker for the ties (grey and blue) Tom wears?

edited June 2023

I'm assuming Brioni from 2020-2021? They made at least one of the suits in Fallout.

The striped tie on the Masked Man still has me stumped.

Yes. Consssssiderably.

Could be, serached a lot of models from them but haven't found matching items yet.

That one is tricky as well. Very similar to some other models out there but not quite the same

At least this costume designer has a social media presence, so perhaps we can ask questions or get Pete Brooker to do an interview once the film is out.

I think the Keanu tie and the Masked Man tie are the same, per my post above:

Yes. Consssssiderably.

I thought that was a Royal Navy tie for a second there, which would have been weird!

edited June 2023

This is from the new TV spot... is that the Ferragamo logo on the tie?

Yes. Consssssiderably.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtMiIeNxOdJ/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Tom's shirts for the movie are made by Anto. Had a chat with them and was told they made some for other characters too.

As for Tom's they're made of Italian cotton fabric in white with details based on the specs by costume designer.

Makes sense considering McQ basically writes them as he goes along!

Amazing to think they've been filming these two movies, on and off, for over three and a half years now, and they're still not done. If this wasn't intended to be the final one, it's kind of hard to see them wanting to do another after this- especially McQuarrie!

The individual character promo posters are out, and there are some interesting styles.

That's another awesome tie on Ethan.

Yes. Consssssiderably.
    edited June 2023

Thank you. I'm slightly curious what made them pick that shot of Cruise for everything, it looks a bit impromptu if you know what I mean- not really a hero shot. A bit like that NTTD teaser poster which just looked a bit like a snap of Craig strolling out of a blue building.

He's the only one to get his name on too! Which is odd because you'd think the big picture of Tom Cruise would be enough of a clue that Tom Cruise is in it 😁

Re Luther's jacket I had a chat with Belstaff and while they can't confirm for products bought by customers, I was told that it looks surprisingly close to their 'Gangster 2.0' model in dark brown.

A behind the scenes video of the Rome car chase.

The handcuffs give a TND feel. Even in these promo shots there's more energy here than in the Spectre Rome chase.

Not directly related to the actual movie, but on his arrival in Rome for the premiere of MI he wore this Tom Ford polo

Ref. TFKC32-BAT98 it's a cotton & silk blend

He also sported his Cartier 'Santos' previously worn during the TGM press tour

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent

Nice spot! He definitely loves wearing Tom Ford polos. Seen recently wearing another one which i think is Navy Blue but I have not been able to find it yet

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    edited June 2023

That a TF towelling polo?

if so I might own it. Grabbed one donkeys ago from a Porter sale and forgot to take on last holiday!

Rolex Daytona on Oysterflex!

Instagram - bondclothes007

Yep, towelling polo

And last night in Rome he wore this as well. Also towelling. Seen that on IG

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent

Ah cool. Yeah have the navy one - looks identical but guess its part of regular collection

Instagram - bondclothes007

Same model as posted by me yesterday, but in pearl pink

• Fastball SpecialFastball Special Posts: 66MI6 Agent

You'd think Matchless would just release an "Ethan" jacket instead of recycling the Craig version.

Perpetually on the hunt for and WTB:
    Matchless Captain Civil War Jacket size Small
    Matchless Craig Blouson original ES of 700 size Small