Issues with my Riviera Polo

I recently obtained a Riviera Polo. It was brand new, but not purchased from Sunspel directly. Still had the tags on it, but when it arrived it had a slight slit/cut on the right sleeve. It is in the front of the bicep when worn. I am not sure how to fix it so it doesn't rip further. I think I could have a tailor turn up the hem to the inside of the sleeve and re hem it. Before doing that, I wanted to know if anyone has a contact with Sunspel that I could reach out to for assistance in figuring a good way to fix it or mitigate it. Thanks for the time everyone.
"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Send it back to the 3rd party seller / reseller
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Yes, send it back and ask for a replacement or refund. You shouldn't have to put yourself out.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    Sadly, I am not able to do so. Already tried that. I will add that the purchase price was only $40 US shipped so it was a steal. The seller had no idea what they had on their hands.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    JTullock23 wrote:
    Sadly, I am not able to do so. Already tried that. I will add that the purchase price was only $40 US shipped so it was a steal. The seller had no idea what they had on their hands.
    welshboy78 wrote:

You think they might have noticed the flaw maybe hence the price?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    It is possible. It is definitely still wearable. I was thinking of having a tailor just turn it up under and re hem it. Just not sure if that is the best option. Ya know?
    welshboy78 wrote:
    JTullock23 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

You think they might have noticed the flaw maybe hence the price?

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    How big/bad is the slit/cut? Picture?
    JTM wrote:
    How big/bad is the slit/cut? Picture?

EB6-B5-B4-B-57-A9-4-A11-AE61-D846-E1-B2-DB6-E.jpg

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    I would discuss with your tailor. They will know exactly the best way to rectify that. Shouldn't be too difficult by the looks of it.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    That is sort of what I am thinking, but since the sleeve run a bit on the short side I am not sure what they can do, but I will ask. We are pretty much shut down here so it will have to wait. If this shirt was more of a pique or whatever then I would attempt to do it myself. In this case, the cotton weave is so different that I wouldn't feel confident of comfortable enough. Thank you for the input!
    I would discuss with your tailor. They will know exactly the best way to rectify that. Shouldn't be too difficult by the looks of it.