Alexander Olch's...

...website seems to have disappeared. I recently purchased their Avery tie and thought I would browse what else they have(d).

Hopefully just a glitch but having visited numerous deserted stores in central London over the last few weeks you do start to ponder what 'Bond brands' may go the way of the Morland Special and not survive the pandemic or coming economic aftermath.

Comments

• Agent EternalAgent Eternal Athens, GreecePosts: 158MI6 Agent
    It works fine on my end.

Alexander-Olch.jpg
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    It works fine on my end.

Alexander-Olch.jpg

Odd...can you navigate or are you cached? From here it generates Wordpress or page not found for home page or product url's respectively in multiple browsers, either direct or from Google. The home page image can be accessed by clicking cached Google search.

Will have to put it down to SMERSH

olch.jpg
    olch-3.jpg
    olch-4.jpg
  • Agent EternalAgent Eternal Athens, GreecePosts: 158MI6 Agent
    I can navigate perfectly. Here, those are the new arrivals:

Alexander-Olch-2.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Works for me also
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JD_007JD_007 Glasgow, UKPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    Whilst on the topic of the AO tie - I was going to order one soon but was wondering if anyone can offer some advice regarding the width.

I'd usually go for a tie no wider that 6-7cm (or 2-inches) since I'm on the thin side. The SA version is 3.5-inches which I think might be too wide if you want to look sharp and not like a teenager wearing his dad's tie to their first job interview. However, it crossed my mind that it might just be the blade of the tie which is that width and it might be slimmer towards the knot (once tied).

For those who already own the tie, would you suggest going for a slimmer width (the 2" version), or do you think the wider SA version might still look decent on those who are "slight"?

Cheers!
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited August 2020
    JD_007 wrote:
    Whilst on the topic of the AO tie - I was going to order one soon but was wondering if anyone can offer some advice regarding the width.

I'd usually go for a tie no wider that 6-7cm (or 2-inches) since I'm on the thin side. The SA version is 3.5-inches which I think might be too wide if you want to look sharp and not like a teenager wearing his dad's tie to their first job interview. However, it crossed my mind that it might just be the blade of the tie which is that width and it might be slimmer towards the knot (once tied).

For those who already own the tie, would you suggest going for a slimmer width (the 2" version), or do you think the wider SA version might still look decent on those who are "slight"?

Cheers!

it also depends on which jacket you combine it with, the sa-width matches perfectly with the laple-width of the MA Sloop Suit, but if you were a jacket with a very thin collar and wear the 3.5'' will just look odd.
    I have to say that this is very thick tie and it doesn't look like a sommer-accessoire at all (you can use that thing as a winter-scarf) but nevertheless the tie matches somehow with the dark brown leather-ends of the AT braces and the same coloured suede boots

IMG-20191231-112210-230-1.jpg
  • JD_007JD_007 Glasgow, UKPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    Thanks Noi. That's really helpful!

I was going to pair it primarily with the Sloop suit. The size 46 suit still has 3.5mm wide lapels which, as you have shown, match the width of the SA AO tie.

I'll go for the SA width in that case. :)

Thanks again.