Undershirts with your N.Peal Spectre sweaters?

Am I the only one who thinks the Spectre sweaters don't look right when worn with undershirts? The lines look bunched and wrong at the sleeves. And the mock neck looks particularly wrong. But I'm not crazy about sweating into a $450 silk and cashmere sweater. I find this conundrum annoying. I'm going to keep going undershirt-less. But what do you guys do?

Comments

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Big fan of Uniqlo's very form-fitting Heat-Tech or Airism undershirts. They don't affect the silhouette of the outer pieces at all.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Big fan of Uniqlo's very form-fitting Heat-Tech or Airism undershirts. They don't affect the silhouette of the outer pieces at all.

Just bought a couple of Airism’s the other day and they seem great. The lack of any seams at the collar and sleeves is amazing and perfect for wearing under something like a thin business shirt...or a sweater. Had to return (for exchange) the ones I bought though because I went by their inaccurate size chart and they’re far too big.

Regarding the N.Peals though, I wear regular tees under the roll neck and I haven’t had issues with bulging or anything like that. I don’t own the mock neck but for that a proper undershirt would be the way to go...and that doesn’t mean a tshirt being worn as an undershirt, but a proper undershirt (made to be worn under something and not by itself) like the Airism or one of those ones from the many companies online that make the “perfect undershirt”.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    I go under-shirtless with mine.

It means a lot of handwashing my sweaters at the sink, alas.
  • tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 214MI6 Agent
    I would go with an undershirt of some kind. Like you said, sweating into such a nice and expensive sweater just hurts the soul. GQ did a good round up of undershirts that you guys may want to check out.

https://www.gq.com/story/the-best-lightweight-undershirts-for-men
    Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
    https://sistraininggear.com
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    apropos of this no-one ever talks about how wet waxed jackets can get on the inside! Hello Barbour over n.peal Skyfall sweater!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    apropos of this no-one ever talks about how wet waxed jackets can get on the inside! Hello Barbour over n.peal Skyfall sweater!

The ToKiTo is a killer.

Barbour, at least, recognizes this problem and offers other jackets with underarm gussets or zips. I have the black version of this one (with zips). If I didn't already own the ToKiTo I would have gone with this color.

MWX1689-OL51-AW20-front-model.jpg

https://www.barbour.com/uk/barbour-gold-standard-supa-corbridge-waxed-cotton-jacket-mwx1689ol51?source=googleshopping&locale=en-GB
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    I previously owned a couple of cashmere pieces and when I would wear undershirts under them they were Tommy John's V-neck undershirts or a-shirts. These wools are actually quite good for withstanding body odor, for what it is worth.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks the Spectre sweaters don't look right when worn with undershirts? The lines look bunched and wrong at the sleeves. And the mock neck looks particularly wrong. But I'm not crazy about sweating into a $450 silk and cashmere sweater. I find this conundrum annoying. I'm going to keep going undershirt-less. But what do you guys do?

Dude get massimo alba Henley they are awesome super thing beautiful cut I’ve got loads of them and I wear the cream/white version under v necks, on its own and under crew neck all th3 t9me one of the best purchases I’ve made. Been wearer or MA for years before featured in NTTD so I am delighted they are being featured as they are a quality brand
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

Dude get massimo alba Henley they are awesome super thing beautiful cut I’ve got loads of them and I wear the cream/white version under v necks, on its own and under crew neck all th3 t9me one of the best purchases I’ve made. Been wearer or MA for years before featured in NTTD so I am delighted they are being featured as they are a quality brand

A henley wouldn't work under a sweater like the SP mock neck—the buttons would be far too obvious under it.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    The MA Henley is very thin but I get your point but you can definitely wear it under the N Peal crew neck jumpers.