New Post Editor

SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M

Good morning, with regards to the new editor, do you want to give it a chance or do you want me to switch back to a more basic editor with BBCode as per the old formatting.

The biggest secret with the new editor is the Paragraph mark to the left of all posts (on mobile it goes into the toolbar at the bottom). If you click this it allows you to add headings, bullets, quotes, spoilers etc.

The other option is to highlight your text and a hovering menu comes up with things like Bold / Italic / Underline and links etc.

You can also directly paste links to Youtube or photos and they automatically embed in the forum.

Things I Don't Like

It appears there is an issue with quotes whereby with the new editor you end up quoting the whole message and you can't select what you quote, I will see if there is a way to fix this.

Your Thoughts

I don't want to dictate which post editor is used, and I will see if there is a way to use either or. Please let me know your thoughts below. I have posted a topic for testing formatting.

Simon

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,509Chief of Staff

I’m quite happy to give this new editor a go...it’s all a bit ‘new fangled Charlie’ for an old fart like me but I’m willing to try.

I would prefer the option to select which parts of a post to quote though...if possible 😏

YNWA 97