AJB Interview with Aston Martin

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
edited March 2021 in The James Bond Films

Our next interview is not with a person, but with an icon.

I don't think many would argue about Aston Martins, particularly the DB5 pictured above, being one of the first things that come to mind when thinking about the 007 films.

Please submit questions below for the present day company about their cars and their James Bond connection. If more than 12 questions come in, then I'll have to make some choices and of course my decision is final. I never joke about my work, 007....

Tagged:

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    edited March 2021

How early (if at all) do yourselves and Eon discuss about which AM to use in the next Bond film?

Have Eon ever asked for something specific that you haven’t been able to accommodate?

When the Bond franchise had their ‘German dalliance’ during most of the Brosnan years, did you think AM’s time with Bond had passed? Did AM actively seek out getting back into the Bond franchise or did discussions just naturally follow on from Eon using the DB5 again?

YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Is it correct that the replica DB5 announced a couple of years ago has sold out?

And if so, are there plans to make more?

edited March 2021

(And if so, how many of my children would you like in exchange?)

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Thanks Barbel. Should be interesting.

I would ask (and I'm not sure how to word it diplomatically) isn't having four Aston Martin cars in one film just a bit OTT? 😁

With the demise of Bond in Motion, have they thought about having a dedicated Aston Martin museum at Gaydon where their historic cars and some (or exact copies) of the Bond Astons could be permanently on display?

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜

I've sent the questions off and will post the answers when I receive them.

Do you think AM will produce one or more electric models in the future?

Well, after them saying they would answer our questions I submitted them and they haven't replied.

This is why I stopped doing these interviews last time. It's very frustrating.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    edited April 2021

Well we're all incredibly grateful that you've taken the time and trouble to arrange the interviews, Barbel, even if not everyone responds. Perhaps we could have an Imaginery Interview Conversation?

2021 - a lodge in Scotland.

Barbel: Thank you for being interviewed. It's very exciting to have such an impressive marque synonymous with Bond gracing our humble AJB brotherhood.

AM ambassador: Yes, and sorry for the delay replying, Barbel. It's our new model... the improved specs. Proving a bit temperamental like all supercars.

Barbel: Perhaps we could put it in the Coronavirus thread, then?

AM ambassador: Not that temperamental. (pauses) We have to get the different models sorted for different markets. The Norwegian model has to be fitted to take pneumatic young ladies in the passenger seats. The German model needs extra foot room with a neon-dampening footwell. The Mactan island model needs a sunroof instead of an ejector seat. The US model needs a wardrobe in the back. And the British model no longer works with any foreign parts at all.

Barbel: Yes, that sounds about right (pauses). Is it correct that the replica DB5 announced a couple of years ago sold out? And is so, are there plans to make any more?

AM ambassador: Yes, they all sold out.... all except one. We have just one left. But the driver has to promise to drive from central London to Glen Etive.

Barbel: How many of my children ...

AM ambassador: ... would fit in this DB5?

Barbel: No, how many would you like in exchange?

AM ambassador: Ummm... since you've taken the time and trouble to interview us, and we're feeling guilty about our slow response, we'd like you to have it Barbel. As long as when you drive it to Glen Etive, you take your friend C&D.... C&D... C&....

Bride of Barbel: ... tea? Wake up Barbel, I asked if you'd like a cup of tea?

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

🀣🀣🀣

Thanks C&D, that cheered me up!

🀣🀣🀣

And I learned a new word - pneumatic!

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Thanks for trying Barbel. Would have been interesting. Poor show that they haven't even replied.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff

Such a shame when you go to so much trouble πŸ˜•

Excellent stuff, C&D πŸΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€£

YNWA 97