Acquiring My First Omega

Hello wonderful world of AJB, I just wanted to reach out and ask around for any information regarding the QoS Omega Seamaster PO. I am looking to pull the trigger on one to celebrate my 21st birthday coming up this October. IF anyone is selling, knows of someone who is selling, or just a great resource...any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you all and until then I will continue search on eBay and Chrono24. Cheers!

Hello, I'm that one "Bond Guy".

You can find me on Instagram: @thatone_bondguy
Please also check out my YouTube channel

Comments

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent

I would look to see if any jewelers around you buy/sell luxury watches and see what they offer. A lot of them may be able to track down one for you. I know the local jewelry store where I live buys/sells watches and was where I was able to grab the Skyfall Aqua Terra for a great price.

I would also consider reputable online dealers like Bobs Watches as well. I've seen PO's pop up on there every so often.

Ideally you can get one with box and papers which helps with the value of the watch.

• That One Bond GuyThat One Bond Guy Sacramento,CaPosts: 29MI6 Agent

@TheExit148 Sweet thank you! I will definitely go and check out my local jewelers!

• SauceBossSauceBoss Posts: 37MI6 Agent

What is your budget? There is a used skyfall PO available at Exquisite Timepieces, but they are asking $6200. I'm sure you can bargain and they also do an installed payment plan as well. But I'll keep an eye out for the QoS one for sure.

• SauceBossSauceBoss Posts: 37MI6 Agent

Here is a QoS 2201.50.00 Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Watch - AuthenticWatches.com. I cannot speak to the legitimacy of the store. Definitely do the research to make sure you get the real deal. They do state that they include the paperwork though. But I haven't looked at the reputation of the website cause it's been a while since I've immersed myself in the watch community.

• llvhhuillvhhui Posts: 81MI6 Agent

I have one that may be on the chopping block soon. Trying to slim down my collection. Haven't decided yet at the moment. If I do sell I'll definitely keep you in mind.

@llvhhui thank you so much!!! What a story it would be for me to get it from a fellow fan! That means a lot that you will keep me in mind.

@SauceBoss Thanks for the heads up man, and taking the time to look into it for me. I will do my research

• llvhhuillvhhui Posts: 81MI6 Agent

Yeah totally. I think I sold one of my Barbour Commander jackets to you not too long ago.

@llvhhui Hahaha yes! It is definitely get lots of love.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

You might consider downloading WatchRecon and setting an alert for that particular Planet Ocean.

I’ve seen them in the $3,500 range in the past six months.

i own that watch along with the SP/NTTD Aqua Terra. I owned Brosnan’s Seamaster Pro for a number of years but sold it. Pierce was never my Bond.

The Quantum of Solace Planet Ocean isn’t the flashiest of Craig’s Omegas, but of all the watches in my not insignificant collection it would be the last I’d flip.