Question about Orlebar Brown Thunderball swim shorts

A question to anyone who owns the OB Thunderball swim shorts. As they don’t have side adjusters (or elastic) did you get your normal size or size down?

I find the side adjusters on other OB swim shorts really help when swimming and the shorts are wet and they start to sag….

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

My regular size in these is too large, but sizing down may not work for everyone based on seat size. I got an elastic belt to wear that matches the waistband, so I made mine look more like the original.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

I have these also. They’re very precise in sizing and arent too forgiving at all. I dont think there’s any elastic in the waistband, not even a little. So i would measure your exact waist and maybe err on the larger size to be safe. Wouldn’t necessarily size up just because, but if you’re in between then go to the higher size. When I first got these back during the original release, I got what I thought was my size. I was sadly mistaken (American vanity sizing got the best of me). These do not look good snug whatsoever, and knew instantly. Got the correct size and then even lost a little weight and they still work. Better to be just a smidge loose if between sizes, than squeeze into this model specifically. Hope that helps!

• kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent

Thanks Matt and Cg23. Very helpful!