For Your Eyes Only - the other tape recorder used in the movie

Dodge101Dodge101 Posts: 55MI6 Agent

Hello, some time ago I purchased from auction what appears to be the other tape recorder used in the movie For Your Eyes Only, it is the tape recorder that is held by Columbo on his ship playing the recorded message back to Bond of the threat to kill him.

The tape recorder I purchased is a Philips LFH 0320. I've included pictures of the tape recorder and a movie screenshot of the tape recorder being held by Columbo. To me the tape recorder I purchased looks the same as the one in the movie, what do you members think? it's the same type also? I also have a Philips LFH 0195 that I put along side the Philips LFH 0320 for colour reference. As you can see, both have the same brushed aluminium metal and brown plastic surround.

As for the Philips LFH 0320, I have been unable to find any information about it, no instruction manuals, no promotional images, no sales literature, nothing. Does anyone know anything about this machine and why there appears to be nothing online about it.

kind regards

Roger

Comments

• AnneAnne Posts: 1MI6 Agent

Please contact me about this Dictaphone I have questions but can't seem to find a way to get ahold of you? Thank you

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent

Here is the one in my collection

Here it is in its charging cradle

And here with its carry case

• Dodge101Dodge101 Posts: 55MI6 Agent

WOW!!! you've got the complete set, charging cradle as well..nice. Does yours's fully work? The tape holder does not sit properly and it does not play tape properly. I assume the rubber belt motor has aged and needs replacing but I dare not take it appear in case I break it.

Thankyou for showing your machine because I was getting to the point that no one was willing to show off the ones they had. Much appreciated that you did :)

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,151MI6 Agent

The one that got away. I remember seeing this item for sale occasionally, but when I began actively hunting for it it seemed rarer than hen's teeth. Haven't searched for it in the last few years though.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • Dodge101Dodge101 Posts: 55MI6 Agent

I do honestly think bond collectors had them, they just was not willing to share that they did have them for some reason. Am very glad thespyboys posted the one they have, complete and looking in extremely good condition.

• Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 370MI6 Agent

I also have the Philips  LFH 0195  and also the Philips LFH 0320 modified like the one in the film.