Mason and Sons - Looks like everybody’s…

FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent

…getting in on the action!

The Goldfinger suit being the first in ‘a 60-piece collection of apparel and accessories that will be unveiled throughout the coming year.

The collection will include timeless garments designed by Anthony Sinclair together with items created in collaboration with a number of other celebrated British brands.’

I’m alright with this one actually. The Mason and Son quality v price has always been exceptional IMHO.

Yes. Considerably.

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

I received the email earlier, and I think I'm up for the Goldfinger suit. I've been a Mason and Sons customer for five years and have a couple of their sport coats that I wear often, among other items. David and Elliott have always done right by me, despite my not having had the chance to meet them.

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

hope you get a chance to meet them at some point, David is a lovely chap.

• CarsonDyleCarsonDyle AustraliaPosts: 153MI6 Agent

No thinking about it. This is a case of shut up and take my money. I've got the hacking jacket and a charcoal conduit suit and I'm more than happy.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Wonderful gentlemen, wonderful service, wonderful products and a delightful enthusiasm, knowledge and genuine Iove for all the brands they offer.

Can’t say enough good things about M and S.

• PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent

Exceptional clothing and service! This is well worth the money for those who can afford it. I've previously had a Goldfinger suit from them and it is too notch!

• kristopherm3kristopherm3 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

I thought they'd offered this suit for years?

• Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

They did, but I'm assuming this is referring to more MTM suits. As per the link:

"Historically, the defining details of the suit, such as the neat lapel on the waistcoat and DAKS tops on the trousers, have only been available through handmade bespoke production. These features have now been added to the Special Order tailoring service, allowing screen-accurate versions of the suit to be made in stock sizes, saving considerable time and expense."

• TimeyswirlsTimeyswirls Posts: 134MI6 Agent

Is there a size chart anywhere? I’m interested in placing an order but I tend to float between sizes around 46 because of my shoulders and sleeve length not fitting standard sizes.

Or am I misunderstanding the order process and they’ll adjust around standard sizes? Either way, excited to see what else is part of this collection

• FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent

click on the link https://masonandsons.com/products/three-piece-glen-plaid-goldfinger-suit

and the size guide is on the right hand side. Scroll down once you've clicked on it and all of the measurements are shown.

Yes. Considerably.
  • NalliacNalliac Posts: 26MI6 Agent

Not sure if this is a temporary thing (I hope it is) - but has anyone noticed the Mason and Sons website seems to be missing almost all their regular clothing items? No conduit cut suits available, besides the Goldfinger replica. Only a few shirts, and those have seen a substantial price increase to my eyes.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Sadly still seems to be the case that Mason & Sons's website still seems have dropped almost all their regular items. Not sure what's going on but it would be a shame if that becomes permanent.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

I noticed this the other day. There’s hardly anything on there at all now. Curry and Paxton glasses and all of their partners gone. All the suits and blazers bar Goldfinger suit - gone. I used to buy loads of their shirts as they were very well made and at a competitive price. But they’ve gone up loads now to the same price as Turnbull and Assers. And as T&A have my pattern, I may just as well get all of my shirts from them now. Damned shame.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Since my fitting in 2017 ( with kids finishing school we thought we’d be over every couple of years ha ha) I’ve bought 6 suits, a couple of custom cocktail cuff shirts, and a fantastic midnight blue hopsack blazer all fantastic.

I was just on the phone to Elliot they’re not stopping making suits. I’m after a tweed jacket and he’s sending some swatches down I also want another suit .

I think their prices very reasonable given suits MTM . Service brilliant

Anthony
  • TimeyswirlsTimeyswirls Posts: 134MI6 Agent

Anyone else seen the Dr. No dinner suit they just added?

I have to say I’m tempted by that one but now completely intrigued by what else they plan to put out. They say the collection will celebrate all of Bond so I’m crossing my fingers for some Brosnan items since his Bond’s style is probably my favorite.

• AgentJay94AgentJay94 Posts: 1MI6 Agent

A Navy Birdseye Suit would be a welcome addition to their collection. :)

• NalliacNalliac Posts: 26MI6 Agent

I was interested in a charcoal conduit cut suit - I assume something similar will show up on their website eventually. In the meantime I imagine they will do their Special Order MTM service but will be a steep increase on the old RTW options.