No Time to Die, trailer and music score

Just seen the trailer to No Time to Die and heard that the music score is by Zimmer, and that the director thinks Connery's Bond was a rapist.

Think I'll give the franchise a miss until things improve.

Comments

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
    edited September 2021

Suit yourself. I hope you enjoy your time off from Bond.

But to answer your comment specifically about the score…I went from wanting Hans Zimmer to do a Bond score in the early 2000s, to hoping that he’d never be let near a Bond score when I got really bored of his repetitive action scoring. Now having heard a few snippets from the new score, I’ve come back around to being rather happy that we’ve got the chance to hear a Zimmer interpretation of Bond. He seems to have a far greater respect for Barry and the ‘Bond sound’ than I ever imagined he would.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

He’s just trolling. Ignore him.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,942MI6 Agent

Could No Time to Die threads be kept in the No Time to Die category subforum?

I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to see this new film, and I'd like to avoid spoilers.

On the plus side its very good to see so many old members returning to post in the last week or so, welcome back all!

• sirsosirso Posts: 209MI6 Agent

Here's a negative review of the wokness in the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMQQ7IX2yo4

See also:

"Why I'm NOT Excited About No Time To Die"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVi12m_Ap1c

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,942MI6 Agent

sirso said:

Here's a negative review of the wokness in the trailer

You mean we see him cooking a tasty stir-fry?

That sounds like a good thing to me, there hasn't been enough food fetishism in Bond films since Cubby retired.

Lol. I love puns.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,564Chief of Staff