NTTD press reviews

2»

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,313Chief of Staff

Yes, if only there were people working on these films, perhaps a brother and sister, who would know these things....

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,253MI6 Agent

Read this in OO7 magazine. A better summing up than I managed and encapsulates much of my feelings about Craig-Bond

http://www.007magazine.co.uk/bond25/no_time_to_die_review.htm

I know it isn't strictly press, but IMDB is approaching 1000 reviews today (981 - they would have 982 but they refuse to publish mine - they won't get any more reviews from me - a useless and unhelpful service department on that site)

Anyway, it's interesting see how polarising the film is to the general masses. IMDB reviews are mostly 'idiot' reviews, gut reactions by people who want to cause an online fuss, but in some ways, because the reviews come from a paying customer's perspective, and I assume a reasonably modern outlook, they sometimes cut right to the heart of the matter. Some of the garbage written about NTTD is hilarious and there is both positive and negative garbage.

Any hoo, the movie has dropped to an average rating of 7.6 from over 44000 ratings. IMO, that's not bad, but it's not great either. A solid 4 stars.

In terms of the reviews, 166 from 981 gave it a 10 - 16.9 %.

The second highest section is for 1 and below - 147 marked it that bad - 14.9%

While the total numbers for ratings of 10, 9, 8, 7 & 6 allow generally positive reviews to top 58.3 % that still isn't very high. That means 41.7 % rated it dead average to poor.

Statistics of course can be deceptive, but IMO, NTTD isn't tanking, but it isn't setting the cinematic Bond-World aflame. It now lags behind CR (average rating 8) and Skyfall (average rating 7.8).

I'm pleased to see CR is still topping the list of Craig's movies as for me this is far and away the most complete and least troublesome of his outings, certainly the reaction I had leaving the cinema was WOW - BOND IS BACK. Leaving after the other four I've been relieved, exhausted, befuddled and disappointed, sometimes all four, but I haven't felt so good about Bond as I did in 2006 and it appears most general punters feel the same way. EON really need to listen to their customers more.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,564Chief of Staff

@chrisno1 … you said…

Statistics of course can be deceptive, but IMO, NTTD isn't tanking, but it isn't setting the cinematic Bond-World aflame.

78% of all statistics are made up 😏🤣

One that isn’t is that NTTD has broken the record held by Skyfall for best weeks cinematic opening in the U.K.

Although it has opened in more cinemas…still, not too shabby 🍸

YNWA 97

That doesn't surprise me, these records get broken all the time - isn't there some Chinese movie which has just become the world's most highest grossing film ever? - eventually that fact will also be used a devilish little statistic 😈

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Yes, "The 800". I think some other Chinese movie did even better that year. But I think that year was 2020 and I think China was the biggest cinema market not closed because of Covid then.