Which actor had the best Bond physique??

goldeneyegirlgoldeneyegirl Posts: 1MI6 Agent
edited September 2021 in General James Bond Chat

Hi all! Hope everyone's as excited as I am about today's release - it feels like I've been waiting for EVER for this one 🤩

I got into a debate with some friends after reading an article looking at different Bond physiques the other day (it's here if you wanted to have a look - https://www.dna-lean.co.uk/a/blog/james-bond-signature-workouts) - which actor had the best Bond body? They've all been so different, so there's no way of knowing what body shape they'll go with next!

Fellas - which actor's physique would you most like to have? And ladies - what's your ideal Bond body type? For me, Pierce Brosnan will always win hands down 😍 but I'm intrigued to hear your thoughts!

Comments

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

Early Connery or DC Skyfall physique for me.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent

Early Connery.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,943MI6 Agent

early Connery: he was a former Mr Universe after all. Craig looks suspiciously steroid-y to me.

Moore was actually more imposing looking when he was the Saint, he was getting a bit pudgy by the time he was cast as Bond.

@goldeneyegirl welcome new agent! Come tell us your Secret Origin story in the Welcome & Comings & Goings thread.

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent

Obviously Craig with Connery in second , though Lazenby was in great shape as well. But Connery and Craig are both large framed men that look like they could hold their own in a fight which greatly helps with the believability of the physical aspects of Bond.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,253MI6 Agent

Lazenby is a cheetah to Connery's panther.

• hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent

I think it's Craig by a mile. Most muscle development and actually has a low enough body fat % to show off the tone of the muscle. Obviously this has a lot to do with how much the modern movie industry is able to achieve through trainers and hormonal aids (we know what chicken/broccoli/rice means people). But it's still a tremendous amount of work for the actor. Lots of strict dieting and consistent weight training. The older school Bonds didn't live in a time where leading men were expected to show off a more fitness model physique, so it's not really their fault.

"I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

I don't know if there is a better thread for this but there is a huge article which deals with the evolution of Bonds physique over the years

"Craig’s personal trainer and stunt double weigh in on how 007’s MI6-pack reflects the changing shape of action films and male beauty standards - and which actor is a good fit for the next Bond"

https://www.esquire.com/uk/life/a37708482/the-evolution-of-james-bond-body/

have fun reading

• Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent

Gotta say Connery and Craig were the fittest as James Bond

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

I'd go with Lazenby - ahem! I mean, I think he's the fittest Bond. Ahem! I mean, he has the best physique.

Not much between him and early Connery but I actually think Lazenby was more athletic. He did skiing against orders in OHMSS, rode ponies, rode lots of women besides, I don't think Connery did so much of that stuff, he was into golf. Yeah, a fit guy until Thunderball but he went to seed after that, he didn't seem to enjoy his body, more the ego of his body, if that makes sense. He did have presence.

Craig looks like he has to work at it. You don't get the sense he enjoys it.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017