Did Craig's Bond have the shortest Cinematic career? *SPOILERS*

wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
edited October 2021 in The James Bond Films

I've been giving this some thought. Taking Roger Moore's Bond as an example, he was always on an unrelated mission, or had just returned from one (LALD) at the start of the film giving the feeling he was always working on something other than the mission the film was about.

Forgive me if I'm oversimplifying this but Craig got his 00 status in his first film and then did 5 interrelated missions, that in the last case he just kind of fell into, and then he managed to get himself blown up at the end (idiot 😆).

If we asked 'Where's Bond' he was bumming around 'enjoying death' or 'retired'. I never really got the feeling he did anything else in his career than what we saw in the films and they all ended up being personally related to him. Not sure he deserved his government pension tbh 😆.

I'm probably missing something but has this occurred to anyone else?

Comments

• zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent

No it has occurred to me. From newbie to warhorse with only Question of Sport in between was a wasted opportunity.

Unrelated PTS could have given us a glimpse into life in between. The films became so obsessed with their own mythos that they couldn't do that. Vesper hangs over the films like a Spectre at the feast. They could never escape it and eventually drowned in it.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • BalbianelloBalbianello Posts: 6MI6 Agent

Well, I understand double-0's have a very short life expectancy…