Rag and Bone Henley Question

2»

Comments

• xzther13xzther13 Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

I am going to go to the Rag and Bone shop this weekend, to get my shirt replaced. It got a hole first wear :(, but their customer service is really helpful, so they are holding a small for me to replace. I'll see if the mediums they have in stock have the off white placket

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Glad they are taking care of you. Thats great customer service right there. Regarding the Medium and placket color, if you are really wanting the SA ( I have no clue if its new stock, online only that has that updated placket color) but I have heard of people shrinking them (nothing drastic, just drying in dryer instead of hang dry) and that working. It’s not something I would try personally but definitely an option also the tailor. Hope it all works out for you

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2021

I have a size small that is new and unworn with the SA white placket, 100% new perfect condition. I'll let it go to someone on here if they want it,

I'll put it on eBay later if I need to. I was able to pick up a medium the other day.

I'll sell it for whatever R&B is selling it for. (prefer shipping within the US)

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

That’s nice of you. I hope you get someone to reach out to you about it soon.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • 405405 Posts: 119MI6 Agent

I received my medium RB henley a month ago and it has the off white placket. I found it so comfortable I went ahead and ordered a small last week to use as an undershirt and it has the all white placket.

• bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent

Yeah I think it's an issue with the mediums. How does the small fit in comparison? Do the smalls really stretch out to become a medium almost?

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

The small is absolutely a roomy medium compared to other brands.

They run big and stretch out a bit too. Ive said i wish there was a tad more elastic bounce back but it does tend to kind of stretch out a bit so just worth considering.

Thanks fellas. I get my new medium in tomorrow so let's see what happens.

• 405405 Posts: 119MI6 Agent

My medium I've worn a couple times and washed it twice in cold, air dry. I noticed after washing it has stretched a bit and is closer to a Large now. My small out of the package fits like a small. Have not washed yet, but I think after a couple washes it will stretch closer to a medium.

• xzther13xzther13 Posts: 14MI6 Agent

agree although I wore my small for just two days it definitely stretched out just with natural wear. I normally wear a medium, but the small fits good. I was concerned since there arm holes are high, but with the natural stretch of wear, it worked out well. $150 is a lot for a henley, but at least it's a really comfortable and cool one lol

Absolutely agree! The high armhole can definitely be hit or miss with people. As long as there’s some stretch and its soft enough it’s definitely a more flattering look in my opinion. Most high end designers do the higher armhole. Glad it worked our for you especially with the price. Enjoy it!

Happy to say I got the medium with the all-white placket. Having been someone who wears medium all the time, if my medium stretches out with wear and I throw it in the dryer, can I expect to get it down to the right size?

I have found that washing, laying flat until almost dry and drying the rest of the way on low heat that works best for me.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

It's strange. I purchased a core grey t-shirt from rag and bone in a medium and it ran super long. I thought a simple throw in the dryer would fix the issue. But it did not shrink at all. Is this the same way with the henley? Will a simple dryer run shrink it a little?

I am not sure what the right answer would be about that. Perhaps you could reach out to R&B to see what they suggest as a way to reasonably shrink it.

• AnonAnon Posts: 7MI6 Agent

Regarding the discussion on Bond wearing a t-shirt under its henley, I'm leaning toward a tank top personally, due to the thick stitching on the last screenshot, and the fact that nothing is shown peaking through the henley's cut on its left shoulder.

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

@Anon I see what you're saying about the seam showing across the back. But I still think it has short sleeves, even if the material is thinner. If you look at the lower shoulder area in the photos you posted, it definitely looks like there's another thicker seam running underneath there as well.

Had some more insight to the undershirt. I still believe they used a cutt off in the movie as sweat stains arent really a thing they were worried about in battle scenes.

But for us everyday wearers, the more I wear the more Im conscious about the armpit sweat stains. No issues yet but preemptively I’m thinking of possibly doing the undershirt thing. I think a thin V-neck cap sleeve might do the trick. Wont show on the chest with the V neck and then the cap-sleeve gives enough room for the armpit to be covered without being a full short sleeve. Figured id throw that in there for anyone.

• coop5150coop5150 Posts: 125MI6 Agent

Hey everyone. I was hoping you could help me out with this/what to do. I have two of the NTTD R&B white henley’s one in small and one in medium. I took the small on a trip last month and wore it on the plane under a nice Columbia Grey Fleece hoodie. I got home and took off my hoodie and someone noticed that my Henley appeared stained. I took it off and all over the shirt in random spots it’s this weird gross yellowish tint that was not there before. At first I thought it could be sweat stains, but even the r&b logo on the side was stained and that is a double layer of fabric that doesn’t touch my skin, and there’s no staining in the main sweaty places (arm pits, upper-back, etc). So I have no idea what it is. I haven’t washed it or attempted to remove the stains because I don’t want to ruin the shirt. Does anyone have any advice/ideas on what the stain could be, how to remove it, or how to prevent it from happening in the future to my medium? I ordered a low cut v neck white t shirt to wear underneath it to help.

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

The darkest spots are on the thickest, raised bits - this is from contact with something on the outside, not sweat. An undershirt is not the problem. Something you wore over it rubbed off onto it, or something you sat or lied down in while wearing it rubbed off onto it.

Thank you for the response, I agree with you on that, I just can’t think of what it could’ve been. My hoodie I wore over it is fleece lined which is a dark grey/charcoal… there isn’t a bit of orange yellow or red on it. Just kinda stumped as to what it could be!

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent

Have you ever had any issues with hard water when washing clothes? Where I live we have hard water and so I have to keep an eye on my was especially when washing lighter color clothes like the Rag & Bone henley.

I know where you keep your gun!

I have not ever had that issue, nor has this shirt ever been washed! Thanks for the response!

As everyone knows these shirts stretch out quite a lot. I have owned sizes Med - XL in the shirt. I’ve owned both short and long sleeved ones too. I got one with the wrong placket that due to various issues I was not able to return/exchange. So I did had that one tailored. It cost about $30USD. Here is now it turned out. Not perfect but pretty happy with it. I’m not in the best shape right now due to pandemic and the holidays eating. The cuff of the shirt wasn’t perfect but not noticeable when worn. Thoughts?

• Javi1Javi1 Posts: 20MI6 Agent

Hello, I'm looking for the Henley R&B that Daniel Craig brought in the last movie.

I've seen a Classic Flame Long Sleeve Henley

On the web, but they tell me that it is not the same.

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

If in the US try Nordstrom. They list it as slim fit, but the pictures look more classic fit.

I have these in diff colors and I remember them having different names but all being the same model and fitting the exact same. I sized down with all mine. Best test is to see if its that slub material. Ive seen some with and without the seam going down the middle of the back but thats the only slight variation i’ve seen.

• Javi1Javi1 Posts: 20MI6 Agent

Hello, that one from Nordstrom is the one used by Daniel Craig

I'm in Europe.

edited October 2023

UPDATE:

Please disregard the original message. It looks like this is the correct one: https://www.rag-bone.com/mens/classic-flame-long-sleeve-henley-886000499347.html

Is the NTTD henley now called the Classic Flame henley?

Hello all,

Has Rag and Bone discontinued the classic white henley as seen in NTTD? All of the ones on the website seem to be different variations.

Cheers.