NTTD props

Comments

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,150MI6 Agent
    edited January 2022

This is Valdo's remote computer server, the Dell Wyse 3040 thin client. He uses it in the London lab to transfer files onto his USB. The latter, which he swallows and later pulls from his sock in Cuba before Bond retrieves it, is the ATP Nanodura industrial flash drive, 'built for mission-critical embedded applications':

At the SPECTRE party, Valdo attempts to swallow the USB once more, but it is knocked from his hands. Curiously, we see it on the ground with its blue LED activated - even though it's not connected to anything. A function it does not have in reality.

Valdo's USB #1, with blue light activated:

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,150MI6 Agent

Here we have a most fastenating prop: a box of staples...

The 5 Star staples can be seen on the table near Valdo's desk. Dr Hardy also has a similar box on his desk, perhaps a different size though.

The staple size may be 24/6 or 26/6 - I bought the latter as it will fit my swing arm stapler (purchased just a few months prior for making another NTTD prop).

This, I believe, is the black-handled corkscrew seen on top of Bond's desk in his villa - the Vin Bouquet Professional 2 lever:

Side-by-side comparison of Bond's corkscrew next to mine:

Small serrated knife on the back edge, and the handle is teflon coated.

The Doosl laser presentation remote - one I tried ID'ing back in 2019. Seeing it on Q's desk in the lab, then later on M's desk reminded me of when M nicked Q's signal jammer in the Solstice comic. Of course, they could both possess one.

DSIT032 is the green laser; DSIT036 is the red. Either one looks SA.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

I took these photos yesterday of the real prop on display in case anyone feels brave enough to get their loupe out and make a replica! 😁

• B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Do we know what size drive? The 16GB is quite affordable at about £28 but they go up to £128

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

I believe it's the 16gb, as the text on there appears to be shifted down a bit to make way for the extra digit. Couldn't find an affordable one so just got the 4gb.

• Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 369MI6 Agent

My first interpretation of the eye, but work in progress !

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Having looked at the prop at Beaulieu I haven’t a clue how they swapped out the pupil on a conventional glass eye. Am assuming this was probably a custom job as opposed to something they converted. Might be wrong.

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

edited February 2022

Yes I expect you're right and they made it from scratch. I wonder if the circuit boards were made with some kind of acid or laser etching technique: they have a weird curviness to the detailing in my photos, but I do wonder if that's not my iPhone's AI image processing doing something odd to the photo- there certainly looks like some sort of sharpening effect going on. I think you'd have to take a photo with a proper SLR.

edited February 2023

This is young Madeleine's Sony Discman D-11 with orange headphones - first seen when she is playing with the virtual pet, and again a few minutes later when Safin enters the room...

Headphones in the photo are "vintage", but the foam covers needed replacing as the old ones had perished.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51889074151_7eeb0d54d9_o.png

• loader10569loader10569 Posts: 49MI6 Agent

Went to Beaulieu last week, nice little display for NTTD cars and a few items front the film. Shame there wasn't a bulldog for sale in the shop, the wife had in the back of her mind to buy me one!!!!! Lol

But did pick myself up my first NTTD item off good old Ebay, its the little things that count

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Thanks for posting your pics @loader10569 Hope to get down there myself soon.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

Interesting that there’s a case for Maui Jim sunglasses in Primo’s display but JameBondLifestyle have the as LGR…🤔

Was Chitty Bang Bang still there? They had two when I visited for some reason!

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent

More NTTD paper tat 😊

One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.

Beautifully done!

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    YNWA 97

Yeah still a chitty chitty bang bang car, close to the Bond cars, rude not to both Fleming characters

Yes I loved the Fleming juxtaposition 😁

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

someone has removed the front fin on Chitty to fit it in to that space.

edited March 2022

It obviously is removable so that's not a huge problem- the car has been there on and off for many years. I think it would fit just fine, it just looks odd to have it half flying mode and half not.

Oddly, as I mentioned, they also had this one there at the same time which the fella was working on- I've never seen two Chittys at the same time before. I don't know if it's a real one owned by EON too but it doesn't have wings (of the flying kind!).

Lots of fun things in your photo though: quite a few GE props at the back there, and are those parts for the BMW Z8 on the shelf at the rear?

If I remember correctly there are 3 Chitty's, 2 road going versions one of which EON owns, and a gadget car.

Those parts were probably from the Z8 that is cut in half because most of it was on the floor. It was not long after TWINE so most of the props were being catalogued.

edited March 2022

I guess the stage one(s) are probably knocking around in an EON shed now too. There are some replicas around as well; Chris Evans famously owned one and that was a pretty decent reproduction from looking at the photos. Apparently there's an MGM licensed replica around, which wears the numberplate GEN 22.

According to wiki, 6 were built for the film, with Peter Jackson owning the roadgoing hero car now. It says Anthony Bamford (of JCB billions) owns the one at Beaulieu, which is odd because there is a sign saying it's there courtesy of EON. Maybe it's the use of the name or something.

Rather wonderfully it's listed by the DVLA as being the make and model 'Mannford Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' 😁

I've no idea which car that's on as it seems like the original GEN 11 is no longer in the country as of 2011. I guess maybe it might be the Bamford/Beaulieu one.

• PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    edited April 2022

Interestingly while EON surely have one -- probably the original West End model which caused all the headaches -- most of the stage cars are in private hands (including a particular collector with a replica road Chitty of his own).

The Chitty on the platform is the mostly aluminum version used in the beach scenes when the tide comes in. It's been modified to allow for wings when displayed but obviously never had them to start.

The Chitty which is driven around the property -- and you can ride in for a fee -- is ostensibly a replica but uses the chassis from the racing version which crashes in the opening credits.

[Was just there to see the NTTD exhibit and the group included a couple of CCBB experts.]

That's very cool, thank you for the info 😊

The picture that I posted of EON's Chitty was from back in 1997 so pre west end show. The stage show was a separate company (Chitty UK) under the EON umbrella and no doubt they kept it I have no idea as to where it is now.

Your photo would have been from '99 at the earliest; still before the show though.

Yes, for some reason I keep thinking TWINE was 97 😁