What happened to those much-vaunted ideas? Were they misdirection?

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

I purposely avoided any information or trailers about NTTD but even so, there were things I thought were going to happen that never did.

1) The director's much-vaunted electrical car for Bond, I think it was an Aston. He made a big thing about this, saying it was a pre-requisite for directing the film. Didn't one even get unveiled at one point?

Well, the Aston Martin DB5 may be a replica in fact but there's nothing to suggest it was done as electrical, ditto the Vantage. There are no other cars - or was the Land Rover electrical? Is there anything in the film to say it was? In fact the former two are classic gas-guzzlers of the kind to be banned from the roads in some countries, aren't they?

2) I could be wrong but I swore I saw vague preview clips of Blofeld being bald in this film, as much like Donald Pleasance in YOLT as they could make him bearing in mind he has a different shaped face. Was that misdirection to throw people off the scent or did I just imagine it - maybe I did.

I'd assumed the AcroJet made a return from a fan poster doing the rounds but that was my mistake for sure - it was a different kind of plane that Bond and the reaffirmed 007 take to Saffy's island.

Movie franchises do occasionally put out misdirection stuff to deter competitors.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent

(I could be wrong 😲, but I think ) AM planned to make an electric car, but decided not to.

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited October 2021

I had read quite a bit about that. But they clearly opted for classics, which I did enjoy.

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent

The director's much-vaunted electrical car for Bond, I think it was an Aston. He made a big thing about this, saying it was a pre-requisite for directing the film. Didn't one even get unveiled at one point?

Did you miss the AM Valhalla in the wind tunnel ?

• Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent

While Blofeld was not bald, I did think it was clever the three stooges carrying around his eye were.