BTS Bond Brands: Thrudark

Even if BTS, nice to see Thrudark making an appearance in the 'NTTD Making Of' Bond book, which features Cary sporting an early version expedition parka in Norway.

Impeccable gear with a British military pedigree to match, would be great to see them make the leap to the screen in the future.

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

ThruDark is the perfect Bond brand as it was created by a couple of former Special Boat Service operators, produces outstanding performing kit, and it looks good too.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Agree they would be a great Bond brand. I have some of their items and it's all good quality stuff. Yes, expensive but their items talk the talk and literally walk the walk via their clothing testing expeditions;

Yes, I understand there is a nod to good marketing etc. But I find it all reassuring to know the gear I buy should stand up to the 'out in the field' rigours.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Likewise, @The Red Kind . I've worn the parka in wind-chills of -35C with only a long-sleeved t-shirt underneath and been toasty warm. I've worn their raingear in the tail-end of a hurricane in absolute driving rain and not found a spot of water inside. It's incredible stuff and unlike some similar gear, it actually looks cool too.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

Nice to see some ThruDark love.

• JohnnyFlan006JohnnyFlan006 Posts: 2MI6 Agent

ThruDark is really nice kit. However it seems to be more and more the choice of the chav... unfortunately.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

No I disagree. Chavs like stuff that people know, Burberry Nap Stone Island Can goose etc.

Thrudark is too little known.

Lucky enough to have been to hq and met the team. Passionate guys striving to deliver top notch stuff.

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent

looks nice gear I just don't like the massive badges which i think are on both arms on the jackets. Will prob try something in the winter

Instagram - bondclothes007

I've seen a few chavvy-types with the t-shirts and trucker caps, but nothing more than that. The only people I have seen wearing their proper kit have been people who can properly use their proper kit! This is my fifth winter wearing their things and I fear no elements 😁

• JohnnyFlan006JohnnyFlan006 Posts: 2MI6 Agent

I got rid of my stuff when one of the chav dads at school rocked up in a Raid. Asked him what he was going to use it for and he said 'watching his son play football'. I've seen a lot wearing the t-shirts, hoodies, caps that definitely aren't your experienced outdoor type.

It is a real shame because the stuff the guys make is truly superb.... just not attracting quite the exclusivity it did and I don't want to be lumped in with those chav types on the school run. Will get my commando sweater out instead!

• k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent

I agree, I have seen loads of Chavs wearing it. Not all Chavs are skint. I met a guy a few weeks ago head to foot in it all talking about how cool it was / Special Forces blah blah blah. I'm sure the owners don't care who buys it

Seems a Chav is anyone who wears a brand in a different setting to where it is initially designed for

I am definitely not a chav. But have worn some of my TD stuff walking my kids to school.

But then I do live in the NE of the UK, so that school walk is equiv to Antarctica....

Love it.

Maybe I am then. I do have the occasional lager

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

Chav is actually derived from something older…. Council House And Violent.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

But do you do it while wearing Burberry and flashing lots of boob?

The description of "a clueless suburbanite with appalling taste and a tendency toward track suits and loud jewelry" would also apply to mafia-chic ala Tony Soprano.

Defo not a Burberry in sight. Boobs on the other hand 🤔