Sperry Rivingston Long Term Fit Question

I am wondering how much the shoes will stretch and mold to the foot over time. I find my pair a little snug in the forefoot.

I hope any of you that have worn these shoes a lot since they were IDed can chime in.

Comments

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

I’ve had mine a year or so. They are great. I’d assume loosening the laces hasn’t helped out much?

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

Loosening the laces just loosens the heel. The cut of the shoe is tight, even with the wide fitting.

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

I've used mine for most of the last two summers, and haven't noticed much stretching. They fit greatly from the first wear, so no need therefor, but I guess there has been some adjusting to my feet. I assume they will give a bit over use if you need the extra space. They're flexible enough, at least that's my impression. But you may want to consider going half a size up just in case, especially since one's feet tend to be a bit bigger in summer under higher temperatures.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent

my one hurt so bad first 3 days of using the material is amazingly soft but my pinky toe the side was hurting really bad, i kind of regretted it at first, but try to keep using with socks, after 1 week they stretched and now feels amazing - only downside is that these shoes arent so high in padding so me being 168cm that usually use ultraboost feel kind of flat

Yes i did ride the CAT
    edited November 2021

@Hart008 Thanks. I am leaning toward keeping the 12w and returning the 11.5w. With some slight stretching they should be fine.

@writingsonthewall I am already going up half a size to a 12. The next choice would be to jump up to a size 13. Not worth it then. I have already given up on DC's preferred Nikes and all Converse as being too narrow even after going up a full size or more.

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

Interesting. It has always solved the issue for me. Good luck with getting the long term fit you seek.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

no probs West

wow nice you have the nike and otr.s? thats awesome if u dont mind posting photo of the otr as i am planning to custom paint my white leather otrs to look like CR ones

Yes i did ride the CAT

@Hart008 I had different OTRs and they did not fit even though I went a size and 1.5 sizes up. I even tried the custom Converse program to make close approximations of the OTRs a few years ago and they got returned because too narrow, The Nikes were the various ones DC has worn in his private life. None fit. Even US 13 were too narrow for me in the sneaker boots. As I have learned, Craig has very narrow feet.

• shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent

can i ask anyone that purchased the Sperrys i am a uk 10.5 would i be the same in the Sperrys please, your help is much appreciated

• redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent

He actually wears white OTRs in CR. When jumping into bed with Vesper.

yes but lookin for the madagascar look not the look where he is in hospital haha

Yes i did ride the CAT