Christmas 2021 thread

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent
edited January 2022 in Off Topic Chat

This is a thread to celebrate Christmas this year. In particular I want people to find Christmas cards from their own countries and post them here to us all. This card shows some Norwegian folklore. Our Nisse isn't the same as Santa. He's smaller than humans, lives in the barn with family and he's a practical joker. If you treat him badly the Nisse can cause "accidents" at the farm, but if the farmer treats him well he can be a blessing:

Traditionally one leaves hot porridge for the Nisse on Christmas Eve. I know his parents did this when my grandfather was a boy.

We can also post Christmas music in the thread, and again music from your own country is nice. You'll probably recognise this melody, but the lyrics are probably not what you're used to . FYI: If you don't feel the Christmas spirit by now, you're dead inside 😉:

I also want to celebrate one of the oldest Christian communities in the world, the severely tested Syrian Christians. Here's a Syrian Christmas song. Have a better one!

(I'll fix the link later)

https://www.youtube.com/wathttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcJ7yWgRQFIch?v=PcJ7yWgRQFI

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,313Chief of Staff

From Scotland!

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

Happy Christmas from Epsom, Surrey, home of the Derby! Twinned with... wait for it... Chantilly.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent

I was just getting some firewood and I couldn't resist taking a picture of the view with the snow. Neither could I resist posting it here. I'm weak. 🌨️

The firewood is in here. The building's so old parts of it has wooden pegs instead of nails.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,313Chief of Staff

Beautiful pics, thanks!

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Merry Christmas to all my sisters and brothers on AJB!

Best wishes and good health to you all!

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,564Chief of Staff

This was Salford Quays a couple of weeks ago…

And Elk Lake on Vancouver Island yesterday.

YNWA 97
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,942MI6 Agent

sir miles aid:

And Elk Lake on Vancouver Island yesterday.

what are you doing on Vancouver Island? thats my old stomping grounds

• MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent

Christmas Day morning, the view from my bedroom window. Location Hämeenlinna, Tavastia provence, Finland.

Merry Christmas to everyone! Stay safe, take care and have fun 🎅

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo

I’m hoping to move there in the next couple of years 🤞🏻

Although property is quite expensive 😱

YNWA 97
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,942MI6 Agent

I said:

what are you doing on Vancouver Island? thats my old stomping grounds

sir miles said:

I’m hoping to move there in the next couple of years 🤞🏻

Although property is quite expensive 😱

classic Canadian retirement destination, though even when I lived there it was considered a very expensive place to buy real estate. I think at this point Victoria is cheaper than the city of Vancouver though. and you could get land cheaper towards Nanaimo or west of Victoria around Sooke if you dont need to be in a city, and the geography's just as spectacular.

only reason I moved back to Ontario is because my parents were getting older. And as much as I dream of moving back to the West Coast one day I cannot see how I could ever afford to do that again. Hope you can make it happen @Sir Miles

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

Merry Christmas all, couple of weeks ago, fair bit colder and snowier today!

This Christmas is so white it's not even remotely politically correct!

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

Merry Christmas from England.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

It’s actually around Victoria we are after…Cook Street Village would be ideal - so I’m told 🤣

YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

@Higgins has declined to supply a photograph indicative of his whereabouts this Christmas. What's going on here?

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

He's on a secret mission to feather and tar Timothy Dalton.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Looks cold 👀🤣

YNWA 97

It's Orthodox Christmas today, so Merrry Christmas!