Bond Brand advice for snowboarding

chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent

Guys after some advice for all you skiing/snowboarders

I'm off to the Czech republic mid February for a family trip but I'm told its -15 !

I've got my canada goose hoody and NTTD danner boots and Spectre cashmere scarf.

What Beanie would good enough and Gloves to take those cold temps Bond style

Any help most appreciated

cheers

007 reporting for duty

Comments

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

Bogner is a great Moore-Bond ski brand and makes nice gloves. According to Bond Lifestyle, Brosnan wore some Sorels on the set of TWINE. I can verify that those are VERY warm boots.

As for caps, I did a review of the Billie Todd cashmere George Beanie and I've been very happy with it (when I can steal it back from my wife who's laid claim to it!). It's expensive, but a really soft 8 ply cashmere and super warm. But for walking around I think any ribbed knit cap in that SPECTRE style in Merino wool or cashmere would do the trick. I'm assuming you'll be wearing a helmet when skiing.

Cheers!

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

N Peal beanie is plenty warm. Agnelle James gloves might be warm but haven’t tried yet.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I love my ThruDark beanies. Probably the warmest hats I've ever had. As for a Bond connection, well, possibly a bit tenuous, but ThruDark was founded by two former SBS-operators and DC's Bond is ex-SBS, so there you go!

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

ditto this...if you want an extra Bond connection also Cary wore TD whilst filming.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

I have some ThruDark gear too. Would highly recommend.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent

I would agree about Bogner. That brand screams Bond in the winter! Also, looks like they have a possible 007 capsule coming this year. Probably ties in with the anniversary.

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent

thanks all , shame the bogner capsule will be too late for me but it would probably cost more than the trip itself 😄

Nice ideas to work with though.

cheers

007 reporting for duty