FRIDAY 25th February 18:00 GMT: Let‘s watch NO TIME TO DIE together

Comments

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

I'm happy to move to next week

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

I think that's best. I checked this thread thirthy minutes ago and assumed I had the time zones wrong because there was no activity. If you change the start time you should change the time in the thread title, the times in this thread and probably send PMs to the members who have said they're joining.

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent

Happy to move to next week.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent

Dear Mr Putin

I know you're a bit tied up at the moment, but I wonder if you could help my friends on the Absolutely James Bond website organise a watch along. They seem to be having a bit of trouble with it.

Yours

Napoleon Plural

PS You are a common thief, a disgrace to the uniform - but tomorrow you will be the hero of the Soviet Union. (If that doesn't do it, nothing will.)

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

If we change the start time to 19.00 we need to decide soon.

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

I take it its a no show ?

edited February 2022

Funnily enough, I was thinking earlier on that maybe OP would be the better fit watch right now :-(

I'm off to a News channel. If we go for a postponement to another date for NTTD, hopefully see you guys then :-)

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Ok, let’s move it to Friday next week.

apologies again!

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

Suits me Higgins. I'm not feeling great tonight, so I wasn't quite sure I felt up to it anyway.

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

Back to watching eyelids then 😁

edited February 2022

Yes, I think the window we maybe had to move the start tonight is gone. Next Friday is probably best. I can't guarantee I can make it, but iI've heard the world actually doesn't revolve around me. 😁

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

Stoopid Higgins.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

We‘ll start next Friday, 4th March 18:00 GMT

Apologies again, folks

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

As it happens, I couldn't have made tonight- this is the first I have been free, so next week suits me just fine.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. And Higgins, too.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

well of course your watch-along got delayed!

that's only appropriate with this particular film, an authentic part of the No Time to Release Me on Schedule experience!

lets just hope you don't have to wait five more years, though that would give me a chance to buy the dvd and join in

• Dr_Madeleine_SwannDr_Madeleine_Swann Posts: 47MI6 Agent

Rofl! Love it! Thanks for making me smile . Right now, I think we could all do with something to smile about.

All Monty Python quotes are accepted, being the pure gold that they are. Well, most of them anyhow.

Unfortunately I'm definitely out for next week. At first I thought ' Oh that'll be great ' but then I realised the date. I'm out at the theatre, I'm afraid. First time this year!

Wouldn't it be perfect if next weeks watchalong was delayed because of a computer virus? Or even better - a nanovirus?

Am I right in thinking that when you made that post, you didn't think that one of those ' folk 'would be you? :) ( That post did make laugh at the time.)

Definitely!

You never know- there could already be a soviet nanobot attack in the offing! Possibly they're noting the DNA of this thread right now.

What worries me even more is the precedent of missile launches related to this film. Hmm

'Can I just have one nice evening ,please, before the world explodes?!'

edited February 2022

Haha... very true! And since next week is difficult or not possible for a number of folk, couldn't the postponement be put back further to help maximise participation?

On a lighter note, getting braced for the watchalong without Higgins turning up to fire the starting pistol felt a bit like seeing one of those Craig Bond films that didn't bother with a gunbarrel sequence... :-) :-)

And then with nothing apparently going on as the PTS got underway, it was like it must have felt if you'd arrived a couple of minutes late to a multiplex, hurried into Screen 1, stumbled into the masked Safin's home invasion and wondered whether this was a Michael Myers movie instead of the Bond film: "Errr... am I even in the right cinema/ thread?' :-) :-) :-)

edited February 2022

I'm incredibly offended on the behalf of everyone named Rolf and all the Rolfs are very angry with you! 🤣

The Ralphs aren't pleased either ....'

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

folks I know you're all disappointed the WatchAlong got delayed...

but in the meantime, check out the next best thing:

Ye Olde and Improved version Nay, Time to Die! by the Barb of Avonjb007 and his all star writing team

then when the WatchAlong finally happens you can compare and contrast the two versions and decide who told the story better

Obviously I agree!

That's an entertaining piece of work which must have taken a lot of time and collaboration :-) :-)

It's the capital letter, isn't it? Even I'm reading it as that now.

Very sorry to hear that- hopefully , in time, they will forgive me.