Vue Cinemas screening classic Bond movies

12346»

Comments

• 00Stirl00Stirl Posts: 52MI6 Agent

I went to see Goldfinger at VUE rerun. Obviously great fun but ultimately disappointed as it was only smaller screen showing where sond quality was pretty poor. Stopped me going to see OHMSS, as I was looking forward to the music score....in particular, the chase!

So, despite this setback, VUE kindly co-operated when I asked if we could set up a display for Goldeneye. Couldn't believe they didn't even bother with posters anymore. So, collecting for a worthy local charity for pic opportunities, we had a great day. Has to be said though, many younger people with kids didn't show any interest in the original films! Difficult to believe when you've grown up with them.

Pic of display shown below hopefully

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,253MI6 Agent

I'm not sure what I'm looking at: posters, a car, A frames, a Union flag. I'm sure you've done a great job, nice display, but is that a movie car or a personalised car? I'm bemused.

I agree: the youngsters today, they have life at their fingertips... do they care anymore...?

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

But you try and tell the young people today that…and they won’t believe you. 😉

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

Well done for keeping the British end up and raising some money for charity too!!👏

Glad you had an enjoyable experience. The Z3 is s a future classic, especially in the correct Goldeneye colour scheme.👍️

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • 00Stirl00Stirl Posts: 52MI6 Agent

Our own car. Always wanted a Bond car and these are still accessible to mortals unlike Aston and Lotus.

It made sense to show off with Bond themed ephemera. Despite lack of knowledge from many, those that did know we're excited to have the Bond connection whilst having picture taken.

As for practicality, just finished 3k mile Euro trip, so not just a show car.

They did a Marcus Newman (USA catalogue firm) Ltd Ed 007 model back in the day, but only the floor mats were impressive. They didn't even put the correct alloy wheels on it.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

Yes, I remember the Marcus Newman model. Strange they didn't put the right wheels on it and why the wooden steering wheel..🤦‍♂️

Can't beat a Euro trip in your pride and joy. Have done a couple myself over the last few years. Always a great adventure and experience.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Thanks for the extra info @00Stirl

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

Dr No is being re-shown at the Prince Charles cinema in London after Christmas - first showing is on Boxing Day. It's on the big screen, not the smaller one upstairs.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    edited December 2022

Oh, I love the Prince Charles... 😤😤😤

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

Would have gone up to town to see Dr No today - it's on at 3.30 - but today must be one of the coldest and rainiest of the year - and it's 28 Dec!

I like to stroll around London and take it in when I head up there - not today, methinks!

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017