The Disappearance of Wiley Hood

2Β»

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    edited January 5

I still have quite a few UK-exclusive Audible promo codes to give away! My obvious goal is reviews, since they're 'review copies,' but I simply want it to get to as many UK ears as possible! Please let me know here, or via message. Cheers 🍸️

*Anonymous reader showing off her recently acquired non-audio classic analog copy 😎

A case where a free promo code has paid off! πŸ˜‡ So far, so good. I still have a number of UK codes to unload (nudge, nudge, say no more!)…

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff

That's a great review, Loeff. You probably didn't notice, but I gave "Storm Maker" a very positive review in the Last Book Read thread some time back.

edited January 15

Thanks, @Barbel. I'm very proud of the job my narrator did. And I did see your review of Storm Maker. Thanks very much! It's making me conscientious about making Eyes of the Dead more noir as I move forward with the writing of it!

edited January 22

A recent podcast I have done. Please bear with it for the first few minutes - the host is no Joe Rogan. But he’s a nice fellow, and the conversation was good.

https://youtu.be/fWNwJw34508?si=V7T6s2LesxqwKl6P

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent

It's nice to get a voice and a face to the member I've communicated with for so long. πŸ™‚

I have a face for audiobooks, if not the voice, haha! I actually narrate the Foreword and Afterword.

🀣

edited February 1

Here, Wiley navigates the new and treacherous terra incognita of corporate life.

That's why cats often walk up to people who're afraid of cats. People with "cat-phobia" avoid looking at cats and cats interpret this as friendly or at least non-hostile behavior.

Well written and sharply observed, Loeffelholz. Speaking of good use of language: a friend said the other day "I'm just a soul and a shirt". That's everyday poetry.

I like it! Sounds like something Jack Kerouac might have written in On the Road 😎

edited February 3

You're free to us it in a book if you want. I won't sue you unless your book becomes a big hit. If that happens this thread is evidence that can be used in court. (Tip: if you do use that expression, make sure the novel doesn't get translated into Norwegian! 😁)

I actually did manage to get a sentence into a published novel once, but that sentence was first written by Cormac McCarthy, so the court threw my lawsuit out. 😁

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

I'm told that I feature in a novel called Never Send Flowers. I'm said to have inspired the main villain.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

Not sure how true it is though. Some guy called Dragonpol or something.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited February 4

Stay tuned for this one, which drops on 9 February on Apple and Google podcasts - which I’m excited about, because of the bigger potential audience.

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters

Superb work @Loeffelholz. The Disappearance of Wiley Hood is a truly entertaining read. It's not often I say that about a book that is outside my usual genres...espionage, WWII, occasionally detective. I knew it was going to be a book that ventured into the realms of the unnatural, the weird. What surprised me though, is how much I was invested into Wiley and the supporting characters even before the novel took its turn towards the surreal. And then as things began to unravel, the narrative became even more gripping. I read/experienced this novel via the audiobook, which is very well produced and the narration by Scott Ellis, with occasional interjections by our Mr Loeffelholz himself, drew me into the story superbly. I highly recommend it. However, over the last couple of weeks I keep imagining the voice of Loeffelholz calling out "Redacted" over any juicy bit of information I might be priveleged to hear in the course of my day.

Thanks very much for taking the ride, @Golrush007! it was my narrator/producer’s idea to blend my saying ‘redacted’ with the censor tone…I’m so glad you enjoyed the listen! 🍻

If you would be so kind as to leave a review there on Audible UK, I would be forever in your debt!

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters

I added a review on Audible immediately after finishing the audiobook. It doesn't seem to have appeared on the site yet. I'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't pop up I'll try again. I also added a review on Goodreads.

By the way: I still have a few UK-exclusive promo codes left to distribute...so if you're interested, please let me know. Cheers

Guest: Mark Loeffelholz by Let's Talk... with Scott Ellis (spotify.com)

I still have free promo codes to give away! But then, as Jack Stansfield says in the book: "I never force anyone to have a good time."

Thanks!

P.S. Looking forward to actual Bond news!