MY BOND COLLECTION 2

Hi all again its the scurge of this forum hoping for forgiveness again. I am relisting my props again but this time as truthfull as I can. I have rewriten the plaques stating all props are replicas, reproductions, or copies. I have not though included any plaques in these shots as I would like to know from anyone here if any of my props are close to the originals and if not which ones need improving or replacing. Please remember this is a personal collection although I would like the items to be as close as possible to the originals. The attache case from the film From Russia With Love is as close as I can get. There are only 10 coins in each side and the knives are as close as I could get using the mechanism I designed. The mechanism is 3D printed as are the knives The locks had to be rebuilt as they did not twist but now they do. The Armalite rifle is actually a Charter Arms which I think bought out Armalite but its the same design as the original. Yes the barrel was glued in but was loose anyway so I dropped in some slovent and the barrel now detaches. The barrel is blocked with a metal rod thats welded in and also the barrel has a large slot machined into it so cannot fire any live ammo. Also the chamber bolt is cut in half and all the mechanism removed so it cannot be converted. I cant get into the main housing as its sealed with a pin in the retaining screw so I dont know what else has been removed but the rifle certainly looks the part. I have been told its very difficult to get one of these in this country even a deactivated one. The Walther PPK is a Umerex co2 BB gun that I bought a few years ago at our local shooting range shop. It doesnt fire any more as it leaks when a co2 bottle is fitted so I tapped the barrel and made as silencer for it. I know my plaque said it was a real pistol but at some point I was going to buy a decativated one from our local fire arms shop as they have one but the lack of funds is holding it up. Other props that are 3D printed were taken from the Thingiverse site but the tracker from Goldfinger, and the Wrist gun from Moonraker are my designs and 3D prints. They also are as close I could get to the originals. So thats it for now and I hope you are all doing well and once again thank you all for your support and understanding of a silly old fool.

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

I like your OP case, until you joined id not seen anyone attempt it.

• R2D2R2D2 Posts: 23MI6 Agent

Hi there. Thanks for your positive comment. I am thinking of building another but can't find a suitable attache case. They are all combination locks where as the Bond case is a key lock.

• ttdriverttdriver Posts: 202MI6 Agent

The cases are very nice! Are you 3d printing some of these items yourself?

• R2D2R2D2 Posts: 23MI6 Agent

Yes. The knives are 3D resin printed and the mechanism is 3D filliment printed, The knives are then chrome and black painted with seperate printed pins. They are sightly longer than the originals because of the mechanism but its hardly noticeable. The knives are released by pressing tiny brass buttons located on one corner of both locks. The knives pop out using compression springs and strong elastic bands.