Naked and Famous Help

HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent

Hi AJB'ers,

I am totally confused with the N&F sizing, everywhere I read gives conflicting information. Some sites say they fit true to the tag size no need to size up or down, others say size down etc.

Would someone with N&F weird guy cut be kind enough to let me know your experience. And if possible and even better add a photo of a tag size 31 or 32 with a tape measure across the top so I can see the real world size physically?

Unfortunately I'm in Australia and we don't have many stockists or decent variety so I'm going to have to buy a bit blind.

I'm looking at the NTTD ones obviously, but also the 15oz Tennen AIs I understand these have had a treatment so shouldn't shrink too much but I still don't know if I need the 31 or 32.

I have the TF NTTD jeans in 32 which fit perfectly but they have some stretch in them.

Thanks all and sorry for the long winded post.

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent

I went for my normal size (same as my TF NTTD jeans)

sure others will chip in

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

Id say the key is just measuring your actual waist and dont go by what tags say on other pants (although prob not far off though) but vanity sizing can be tricky. N&F size chart is good about showing the actual measurements even though the tag size might be slightly vanity sized. Since the Bond pair has stretch, shouldnt need to adjust sizing too much but Id say key is measuring actual waistline. Here’s a photo of what I mean about the specific measurements shown.

• MyselfMyself Posts: 64MI6 Agent

Can confirm what Welshboy78 commented. Selected the same size for N&F as for TF jeans.

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent

Follow the measuring guide on Tate and Yoko to compare to your TF jeans. I found the measurements to be pretty accurate on their site.

• HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent

Thanks everyone appreciate all the information 🍸️

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent

And remember that the stretch selvedge will stretch a lot more than the 100% cotton versions of the jeans. Just keep that in mind.

I would also email Tate+Yoko or even Naked and Famous and ask them advice on which size to get.

• SauceBossSauceBoss Posts: 37MI6 Agent

As someone who own's three different pairs of different N&F jeans, I just went with the same size as I do for every pair of pants I own. The models I own are the 11oz Stretch Selvedge, Black Cobra Stretch Selvedge, and Natural Seed Denim if that matters. All in size 31 Weird Guy fit.

The pair of pants I normally get are known as "Tapered," which are exactly what the Weird Guy fit is in my opinion. This means that it has a bit more room in the thighs, but tapers down at the knees to what is essentially a slim fit around the calves. The Levi's equivalent is the 502's, which I also wear and they feel the exactly the same to me. Not sure how they fit everyone else, but from my point of view the are basically a slim fit for someone who has muscular thighs. So perhaps others can speak on how the Weird Guy cut fits on them.

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

I second the stretch being key with denim. With stretch in the denim, the break in period is much easier almost similar to how lighter weight denimis just easier to wear quicker. I definitely have plenty of non stretch but they definitely take a little patience and just understanding with breaking in and loosening up. I definitely love a little stretch. I dont want to feel like Kramer when he tries to wear his “dungarees” for the first phase of breaking them in