Adele sings Skyfall 2022

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 35,980Chief of Staff

(60) ADELE | Skyfall [Live at London BST Hyde Park 2022] - YouTube

There's a bit of a false start as Adele notices something going on in the audience and alerts security, then she does the whole thing.

Comments

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    edited July 2022

Nice performance by Adele. Seems a little shy of the high notes to me, but still very powerful.

Amusing to think of Adele interrupting the start of her song in the movie, and Danny Kleinmam's titles, to direct security to fish Bond out of the river before carrying on; or Shirley Bassey doing the same at the beginning of 'Moonraker' to get Jaws pulled out of the collapsed big tent; or Paul McCartney at the beginning of 'Live And Let Die' to get Dambala arrested; or Shirley Manson at the beginning of 'The World Is Not Enough' to get paramedics to attend to Bond's injured shoulder...

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 35,980Chief of Staff

😂😂😂😂😂

Sheena Easton: For your eyes only, can.... Hey, wait a minute, did you see what I just saw? Someone go and help that poor man in the wheelchair! He got dropped down a chimney!

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,664MI6 Agent

Pretty amazing: the last proper Bond song for my money (so far!)

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,664MI6 Agent

Rather nice clip of Duran Duran doing AVTAK in Hyde Park yesterday (love that they use the Roger gunbarrel!):

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    edited July 2022

Maybe this should be in a thread of its own?

Yes, pretty good. Watching recordings of the recent Platinum Jubilee concert, I thought that Simon Le Bon's voice wasn't equal to Duran Duran's classic hits anymore - shouty and a bit strained, compared with the signature vocal catches which he used to emote brilliantly in his New Romantic heyday. That's still an issue here - maybe less so - but props to Le Bon for giving it welly anyway.

Yes, nice to see the Roger gunbarrel, and with a trad arrangement of the Bond theme as opposed to the 'easy listening' symphonic arrangement with which Roger became associated.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.