Universal to distribute Bond26 worldwide, Warner Bros for Bond 27 and beyond?

SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
edited August 2022 in Bond 26

Warner Bros. to Release MGM Movies Overseas, Excluding Next Bond Pic

This is very odd as the story goes on to say that Universal would be distributing Bond26 still, yet THR, Deadline and other film trade titles reported in 2018 that it had been announced that Universal had only won worldwide distribution for Bond25.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/bond-25-universal-will-distribute-daniel-craig-film-internationally-1114810/

I always thought a one film deal seemed a bit odd and it's odd that they don't say in the latest THR story that Universal somehow won the rights to Bond26 from Warner Bros., the studio just apparently has the rights. The Warner Bros. deal is for three years so in theory it could expire before Bond26 is out, based on the timeline previously given by Babs Broccoli. But why wasn't the Universal deal originally announced as a two picture deal in the first place? Odd.

Another thing I learned this week and found odd is, why is the 60th anniversary of Bond concert at the Royal Albert Hall being held on 4 October and not on Global James Bond day a day later? And there is nothing else on at the Hall on the 5th according to its website.

Comments

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent

50+ views and no comments? Wasn't expecting that.

I'd forgotten that Sony actually bought MGM along with some private equity partners and that is why it distributed Bond.

It still seems odd to me that Universal was announced for one film and now we hear they are distributing Bond26.