Question about Levis Sta-Prest

Hello....

I just received a pair of the Sta-Prest that resemble what Bond wears in Talamone. I think the details are great and definitely have a uniquely vintage look.

Obviously the purpose of the Sta-Prest was to have a crease back when jeans needed to look more formal. Yet both pairs in QOS were creaseless and I would prefer this look.

Does anyone know how this was achieved? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    edited August 2022

I have a pair I picked up just before QoS was released, same model. While granted I haven't worn that pair in years, I don't remember the creases being all that prominent to begin with. If memory serves, I vaguely recall them ironing out pretty easily for that matter...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they pretty slim fitting? Creases don't tend to show as much on tight jeans...

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

I would assume a dry cleaners could assist in the removing the crease.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent

Yeah it steams out with a bit of effort

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Colonel PotterColonel Potter Posts: 44MI6 Agent

Thank you all for the comments.

Welshboy78 - did you have personal experience with this? My dry cleaner said that regardless, a line will always be present. Was this your experience?

Do we know if the pairs worn in QOS were actually the Sta - Prest or just modelled on them? They appeared to have no evidence of a crease.

Thanks again.

I did one pair (many years ago and got rid of the crease) but too long ago to remember if there was a slight visible line.

They are def Sta Prests as ive seen DCs actual pair -(Maybe Mr Zaritskys) they cut a lot out of them tailoring wise in the arse as the Sta Prest lettering was missing some letters lol

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited August 2022

true, I kept these pictures from a screen used pair which was on a auction years ago, they tailored the sh**out of these pants lol

Wow, very interesting to have that confirmed!

Thank you again!

They are unique in their details and sit a bit higher on the waist, which I like.

They are at the tailors now so looking forward to picking them up!!

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent

Wow those pics are great!! I always had a strong suspicion the waist was brought in on these (and many other off the rack pants DC has worn on screen). For a guy with a narrow waist and relatively thick legs, it makes complete sense, especially with this fabric -if you've had a chance to handle it you'd know it has zero give.

@Noi please post anymore pics you may have!!

I found the 306 a really flattering cut and pretty timeless. Its a real shame they were only available for one or two years.

If anyone's interested, someone is selling a pair of the 307 sta prest in a similar colour to the Talamone jeans, on ebay here:

The 307 is a slightly different cut to the 306, more in the style of a chino with slash pockets and welted rear pockets, and a slightly lower rise.

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent

I dont have more pictures of the Sta Prest but I do wonder a bit. Its not possible to change the waist of pants so extremely, otherwise the back pockets would get too close to each other, they may have just alter the waistband or it was some special tailored pants for the stuntman

Hello,

Thanks again for the previous input.....

I just got the Sta Prest back from the tailor. She did a great job taking the leg in and tapering for more of a SA look. However, the damn crease will not budge. Again, I understand the purpose of the original design was to maintain a crease but I can't imagine what they did to remove them for QOS.

I haven't micro analyzed them onscreen but I don't see any evidence in the film.

Man, they are interesting though and unlike any other pair of jeans/pants I own.

Keep ironing / steaming the crap out of them from both sides

Thanks, Welshboy. As you know, the material is very rigid. However, my tailor said it didn't have glue which is sometimes inserted in pants to maintain a crease.

Don't mean to be a bother, but do you recall how long it took you before they faded?