Instrumental that plays between scenes

twkmstrtwkmstr Posts: 3MI6 Agent

I am looking for which sound track or song contains the instrumental that often plays between scenes. I believe it is an orchestra and often ends with a harp. Typically when Bond spends the night. I would need to watch through the movies again to see when it appears but I believe it shows up in several of the films. Is there a name for this elusive melody?

Comments

• twkmstrtwkmstr Posts: 3MI6 Agent

An example is at 9:33 of the below. Is there a name for this?

https://youtu.be/UwF1nFRMuHI

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters

The piece of music at 9.33 in that suite is from You Only Live Twice, and is essentially the intro to the main theme. You're right, it does occur as a transitional cue between scenes and appears a few times during the film, but this particular tune is only ever heard in YOLT, and not in any other Bond film.

On the You Only Live Twice soundtrack album a good example is the track 'Mountains and Sunsets'.

• twkmstrtwkmstr Posts: 3MI6 Agent

Thank you. That is it.

• rennervisionrennervision Posts: 106MI6 Agent

When I first saw DAD, I could've sworn that same music played at the start of the final scene where Bond is um... counting diamonds with Jinx. But anytime I've seen it since I've never heard it. Not sure if my ears were playing tricks on me, or if the music for that transition is a type of brain teaser puzzle.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent

Although it's not from YOLT, that cue is extremely similar to the cue he used when Bond and Electra are skiing in The World Is Not Enough.