Connolly Giubbino Matera jacket alternative

First of all: hello everyone! I have been reading for a while, now first time posting.

I wanted to buy the Royal Filmwear Matera jacket, but shipping is 80€ to Germany, what for me was to expensive to feel good about. Instead I got the Mango “Pocket linen-blend jacket“ (Ref 37010027-TOLON-I-LH) which is 79,99€ in Germany (so just as expensive as shipping the royal filmwear version) and gave modding it a try.

I removed the top pockets and the button from the inner pocket to get another small button (jacket comes with one big and a small button extra). My tailor added the two small buttons and button holes to the front pockets and shortened the jacket, creating a tunnel. I inserted a draw string, which really makes this a different jacket when slightly tensioned.

My mission was not to create a screen accurate jacket, but rather apply the idea of the original, therefore i did not change to black buttons or moved front pockets higher. I know I am late to the “Matera-jacket-game“ but I haven’t found any alternative other than royal filmwear version which ticks the boxes, so I thought I share this one. I will probably shorten the drawstring and add the small clips that keep the drawstring at the correct length.

Love to hear your thoughts!

Cheers from Germany,

nick

Pictures below:

wearing the modded version,

modded version on hanger,

mango advertisement picture

Comments