The Classic Suit

I find the classic suit to be a timeless aesthetic. Especially in masculine colors Blue, Black and Grey. For me the most stylish man ever was President John F Kennedy. I want the next Commander James Bond to get his style cues from President Kennedy.

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent

JFK had good looks and a lot of presence. That’s why he’s such a style icon. You could say the same thing about Sean Connery. JFK’s clothes themselves aren’t particularly special or different than what anyone else wore.

The way he always buttoned the bottom button of his jackets should take him out of the running for being a well-dressed man. He supposedly did it to conceal a back brace, but it should have been hidden otherwise. The fastened bottom button pulls his jackets out of shape and they all look sloppy as a result.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    edited August 2022

Why take cues from Kennedy when the next Bond can take inspiration from Connery? Kennedy’s American clothes have nothing on Connery’s British style, especially when you’re talking about James Bond. When you show Kennedy next to all those other men, it shows how nothing about his style was extraordinary. He was merely just a better-looking man.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • SoneroSonero Posts: 45MI6 Agent

I wholly agree.

Sir Sean Connery classic suits were timeless.

I want the next Bond to dress like Sir Sean Connery.

I just happen to be a very big fan of President John F Kennedy.

I like his somber suits and his charisma.

President Kennedy was an admirer of Commander James Bond and Mr. Ian Fleming and he served as a lieutenant in the US Navy and was decorated for his valor in WW2.

• Bottled_in_BondBottled_in_Bond Posts: 19MI6 Agent

Take a look at yesterday's (September 15, 2022) news photo of Presidents Xi and Putin and note how surprisingly ill-fitting their suits are.