My review of the New Morocco Royale Filmwear Blazer

RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

Okay so I received the blazer in both large and medium

Here’s the outfit.

I’m using the Johnson and Murphy chinos. The golden fox 6” khaki boots and the amazon belt which looks similar to the original . I don’t have the tie from Magnoli yet, so for reference I’m using the Alexander Olch tie from NTTD

heres the medium in in different lighting

Here’s me wearing the medium in the complete outfit (sorry that I didn’t steam it so it’s a bit wrinkled)

This is the large which I feel is bit boxy on me and longer sleeves

For reference

medium has a 21.5” chest and 25.5” sleeves

large has a 22” chest and 26” sleeves

I feel the medium is the more SA look and I wouldn’t need to have it tailored . In conclusion I liked the blazer, It’s worth the money and I think Daniel did a great job

what do you guys think ? Feel free to give me your opinions

@SilverFinger @canoe2

Comments

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

Thank you, its a bit snug but there's still some room to pull.... Whoever else has bought one feel free to share your photos here.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,144MI6 Agent

Definitely the medium. Nice purchase🍸

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent

Nice! Looking forward to receiving mine too.

Daniel does such a great job and never rests until it's right.

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6

Its a great frugal bond piece

• armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent

Thanks for the pictures, and congratulations! In person, would you say it gets close to the screen version in direct sunlight\shade?

Though I still feel like it could've been a tad darker, I admit it looks pretty close in the comparison below pics below, both of which are under lots of light.

Would you say the Royale looks the same in the shade\away from sunlight as well?

Yes. Consssssiderably.

Yeah maybe it could have been a tad bit darker. But it seems to change colors. In the shadeit looks a bit more darker …. It’s a nice piece overall. I’d say it’s as SA as you can get without buying the real thing.

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

Great photos! I feel that the medium is more screen accurate. Definitely. I bet you’ll have this one for a while.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

@RichardCard82 The medium definitely fits you best.

Are you finding the measurements of the blazer are larger than the sizing chart?

What size do you usually wear?

edited October 2022

yeah they're a bit bigger than the size chart, he claims that the medium is a 40.9" chest. I measured armpit to armpit and its 21.5" making it a true size 43. I'm a 41" chest so I normally wear medium in everything

Looking forward in seeing @The Bond Experience review the jacket. I always look forward to his videos

• NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

My jacket arrived a couple of days ago and I’ve tried it on a few times and my impression is that the fit on the 2022 version feels more comfortable than last year’s (but still has a trim look). When you button up the new jacket it doesn’t have a snug feeling and the extra bit of length improves the overall look in my opinion.

@RichardCard82 has included plenty of photos of this year’s jacket in his review but for a comparison the attached photos show my attempt to get a screen accurate colour with the 2021 version (on the left) against the 2022 version (on the right). I felt my attempt with last year’s jacket went a shade too dark (the original colour was removed and dyed with taupe Rit dye).

Nice comparison photos, They both look great. I know in some scenes of Spectre the left one would be considered more accurate but also the right one could pass for SA, just depends on the lighting. Thanks for the photos

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

What is the true jacket length of the Large, from bottom of neck to bottom hem?

@RichardCard82 are you usually a L or an M in Royale's other pieces?

Yes. Consssssiderably.
    edited April 2023

I was watching Succession on HBO and noticed, Shiv wearing a blazer that looks insanely close (IMO) to the actual Brunello blazer, especially with how it looks darker indoors vs. direct light...

My question is, how close does the Royale blazer get to this color?

Yes. Consssssiderably.

the royale version is a lot lighter than the one worn Succession, its obvious the royale version will never compare to real thing

• TimeyswirlsTimeyswirls Posts: 134MI6 Agent

That seems unnecessarily rude, the Royale version is very close to the real thing. The problem is the lighting and heavy filters used in film. When the Bond Experience did a video with the entire accurate outfit I was surprised how light in color everything was, now history is repeating itself.

Spectre is especially heavily filtered, when someone color corrected the beginning Mexico scene I was so disappointed to see how beautiful all the colours looked before they got covered.

• PandemicPandemic Posts: 81MI6 Agent

Hi. The jacket looks fantastic on you. Do you mind if I ask what your height is? I’m probably going to order this when the suede blouson arrives, but I’m a little concerned about the length. I’m 6’0” and normally wear blazers/suit jackets around 29.5” to 30.5” (size 38) and this is significantly shorter in the size charts. Thanks!

@SilverFinger hoping for a restock or a V3 soon as the larger sizes sold out right when I was about to buy!

Yes. Consssssiderably.