Goldfinger

DovyDovy Posts: 206MI6 Agent

When I was young I watched 007 sporadically but now some 40-50 years later I have started at the beginning from scratch. I have a few questions about Goldfinger. I was thinking that parts of the film had been cut out that would have answered some of my questions below.

1. Although Goldfinger did not have any connection to SPECTRE his large connection to the gold trade must have given him some contact, and one has to wonder what SPECTRE was doing while Bond was dealing with Goldfinger....
  2. How likely was it in 1963 that Fort Knox would not have had extensive air protection and other sophisticated security measures to prevent airplanes from flying around and people relatively easily opening the vaults?
  3. Near the end why did Goldfinger appear in a uniform, and seem to shoot at his own people?
  4. How did Bond and Pussy arrange to jump out of the government airplane together in a single parachute?
  5. How did Goldfinger end up on the government airplane?
  6. How did the dead girl at the beginning end up painted perfectly in gold paint without any paint appearing on the bedsheets or anywhere else, especially within the short period that Bond was knocked out?
  7. Since Odd Job was so strong and impenetrable, couldn’t he have easily killed Bond in a single strike?

Comments

• MI6_HeadquartersMI6_Headquarters Posts: 168MI6 Agent

How likely was it in 1963 that Fort Knox would not have had extensive air protection and other sophisticated security measures to prevent airplanes from flying around and people relatively easily opening the vaults?

They have it for sure, all of what happened at the beginning of the Fort Knox was all part of the plan by the CIA, typical like an entrapment operation, by removing all the securities, making Fort Knox a bait against Goldfinger to arrest him.

Near the end why did Goldfinger appear in a uniform, and seem to shoot at his own people?

Goldfinger's a rich guy, he could wear anything he wanted to wear, even a uniform that would almost put him in a disguise, about shooting his own people, the guy's (Goldfinger) a greed too, he wouldn't likely to share his stolen gold to his people and only but to himself, he also hired them to cover him.

How did Bond and Pussy arrange to jump out of the government airplane together in a single parachute?

That's one of the questionable moments in the film, because a single parachute couldn't handle two people, but then again, if you're attending parachute adventures, there's even a couple in a single parachute, so who knows?

How did the dead girl at the beginning end up painted perfectly in gold paint without any paint appearing on the bedsheets or anywhere else, especially within the short period that Bond was knocked out?

We could safely say that it's only not Oddjob that did the job, there's other men?

Maybe, Jill Masterson (that's the name of the girl you're referring to), got frightened, tried to ran away but she ended up caught by Oddjob and the other bad guys, painted her gold then put her back again in the bed.

And about the short period of time that Bond was knocked out? It's not a short time, it's obvious that Bond fell asleep, unconscious, so it would likely to take an hour before he wakes up.

Since Odd Job was so strong and impenetrable, couldn’t he have easily killed Bond in a single strike?

He could actually, but he and Goldfinger needs to show some fake pretty faces to Bond, since (maybe) they both knew that Bond was an MI6 agent, hence what Goldfinger said when Bond was strapped at the laser table.

The way Oddjob interacted with Bond was all a part of their plan.

• Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent

Small question regarding Goldfinger in the plane when he hijacks it when Bond is heading to see the President, does anyone else see the person standing right behind Goldfinger as he appears from the curtain at the rear of the plane?

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

Yeah, and you see him unconscious on the floor during the fight too.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............