The Spy Who Loved Me

DovyDovy Posts: 206MI6 Agent
edited October 2022 in The James Bond Films

I thought this film was very good, but I cannot imagine that Stromberg could have built and maintained Atlantis and his ship and submarines without any major powers AND Blofeld knowing about it,

Second, there were supposed to be 16 nuclear warheads in the stolen submarines, so what must have happened to all of them?? And how could two nuclear warheads explode in the ocean without causing a tsunami??

Poor indestructible Jaws, he wanted to kill Bond despite his own certain end with no boss, even if he survived, like Nick Nack and Oddjob would have. Is Jaws going to survive by swimming the entire ocean??

Comments

• DovyDovy Posts: 206MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

Saltzman and Broccoli did another phenomenal job with the sets and special effects, which looked so realistic. Is there any video that discusses this? Richard Kiel is great. I saw an interview with him discussing his role as Jaws. Amazingly indestructible.

But again we see what seems to be film cuts, such when Bond rides his water scooter to Atlantis and then suddenly he's inside the facility without a minute's scene of how he got in.