Moonraker

DovyDovy Posts: 206MI6 Agent
edited October 2022 in The James Bond Films

It would seem impossible for Drax to have operated his enormous project independently of Stromberg, or for that matter, Scaramanga, who each also had tremendous wealth and projects. One clue to this is that Drax knew about Jaws. And the idea could be that they were associates of Blofeld and served as backups to one another in their projects. Certainly what we see with Drax's space station and resemblance to Stromberg's underwater facility shows that they must have worked together even if their goals for the new world differed completely.

But here's a big question: how did Jaws always know where Bond was at every stage, especially after his amazing survival after brushes with death every time?!

Comments

• DovyDovy Posts: 206MI6 Agent

What can I say, I am fascinated by Jaws....Here's a creature who is indestructable under the worst of circumstances, and ought to appear in every film one way or the other. How the heck does he do it?! And with all that, he finds a girlfriend who we don't see anymore after Moonraker. He's known to Stromberg and Drax, and probably everyone else. Where does he live? What does he do when he isn't killing people?! And even though he survived with his new-found love, isn't he is surely headed for prison as a criminal murderer?

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

Actually he retired and ran a bistro in Mallorca until 1989. After his father died, he disappeared off the face of the Earth. Again.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • DovyDovy Posts: 206MI6 Agent

That's a cute answer about Henchmen Inc. But why would Jaws be let off despite being a known murderer?

I guess anything is possible. Bond's father-in-law for one day was a mobster, and Bond fell in love with Octopussy, a known criminal smuggler.

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,250MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

You’re right @Gymkata they run The Bigger Boat bar on Bohol Island, I catch the ferry there sometimes to see them, and yes, Dolly DOES wear braces 😆

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,949MI6 Agent

gymkata said:

As to Drax knowing of Jaws, I always assumed that all of the Bond bad guys used HENCHMEN INC. as their common contracting agency to fill out their lairs.

so is Henchmen Inc. affiliated with Lairs Inc? which side of the business is more profitable? I'd guess those Lairs are very expensive, whereas Henchmen are a dime-a-dozen (Jaws probably commanding a higher than standard fee)

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,363Chief of Staff

Well, I look forward to hearing about Henchmen Inc in the obvious thread! 😁

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,363Chief of Staff

I should have added the word "more" to my previous post!