James Bond OCTOPUSSY Faberge Egg

Hi there - I’m new to the forum and I’m in search of an OCTOPUSSY Faberge Egg prop. I’ve found some decent options but not great. The best one I’ve found is on EBay, but it’s $450. ??? Would anyone here be selling one or know of a good option that’s not ridiculously priced ? If anyone can help and pint me in a good direction, It would be very much appreciated ! Thank you, Dave

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

You are either stuck with what is out there, im guessing http://www.finejewelledeggs.co.uk/ would have been your best bet but they seem to have vanished. expect to pay 500+

532_ALT1-20141031183841_original.jpg

The only other way is to custom make it, not an easy or cheap option.

Obviously not finished as yet, but not far off

Pete..

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent

There are lots of faberge-style eggs on Etsy, not sure if you'd find a close-enough version on there or not.

• texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,349MI6 Agent

Here is the improved version of http://www.finejewelledeggs.co.uk/

Certainly not as good as the custom one of course - really on a different class and not comparable at all.

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent

The FJE ones are no longer made and have been around $5,000 U.S. in recent auctions. Lesser ones are sometimes made freshly and then show up on eBay for $200 or so. At this point, you would be waiting for a new such release/lesser knockoff.

Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Which does raise the interesting question of whether Factory Entertainment ever considered making one. I don't recall it mentioned, although I could have missed it or forgotten. Perhaps they did enquire and Faberge wouldn't permit it, or perhaps they thought the cost of making it would result in too high of a price point to make it worthwhile.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent

Yeah it does seem quite a natural prop to go for, but is perhaps too complex to produce.

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent

Why? All you'd need is a Faberge chicken.

Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!