A View to a Kill

DovyDovy Posts: 206MI6 Agent
edited October 2022 in The James Bond Films

The basic story was very good, but there was just too much destructive "action" even if it was Roger Moore's farewell film with amazing scenery, stunts and sets. And even if certain themes get repeated.

I couldn't get over the fact that Bond and Stacy had impeccable hairstyles fresh out of the salon even in the mines and atop the Golden Gate Bridge. Stacy even maintained a clean white dress.

It is truly amazing how Bond had so much physical strength and stamina. Hanging on to airplanes and dirigibles, climbing mountains, and hanging onto the Golden Gate Bridge in this film. Then at his age having consistent stamina and strength to be involved in romance

Zorin's mad shooting in the mine was also too much. Even if he was also psychotic. So I guess Octopussy remains my favorite Moore Bond film.

Comments

• MI6_HeadquartersMI6_Headquarters Posts: 168MI6 Agent

It's really too much, and the fact that this was just a rehash of Goldfinger also made it a lot more worst.

And if not for a death of a 00 agent in Siberia, Bond would have no business in America or about Zorin and etc.

Felix Leiter's absence also hurts the film as it looked like this was supposed to be his mission and not Bond's.

The plot, as usual, convoluted, not so much understandable and muddled.

To be honest, I don't see the plot of AVTAK being that 'highly important' or relevant.

It's also very small scale in comparison to the plots of other films (even the stealing of ATAC machine in FYEO was more dangerous as it could trigger a war between countries), but here, there's none, very low key and low stakes.

Everything happened here just doesn't make sense, it's like Bond was travelling here and there, he went here, and in the next 10 minutes, he would be transported to the other place.

It's even not that memorable save for three scenes (The Eiffel Tower scenes, the Fire Truck Chase and the Golden Gate Bridge fight), but it's all distant, and all what happened in between is just forgettable.

And don't get me started on Stacey Sutton being a weak Bond Girl, while she's no Mary Goodnight or Tiffany Case, she's still not that convincing in being a Professional character, her acting like a Geologist makes Denise Richards' acting as a Nuclear Physicist plausible, she's just weak, and her being helpless at times also hurts.

Agreed on Max Zorin's psychotic killing, it's just too much, but then, it's understandable, since he's a Nazi Experiment of Carl Mortner.

This film was sure an entertaining, as long as you turn your brain off, because everything happened in this film didn't make sense.

John Barry's score was good though, but a bit dated (screamed very 80's, especially with the guitar riffs on some scores, the PTS Snow Chase for example).